New Kodak Super 8 Camera Preview

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Terry_USA

Re: New Kodak Super 8 Camera Preview

Post by Terry_USA » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:21 pm

I talked to some of the younger generation today at Church about Super 8mm film. Basically in their 20's. There was an absolutely not all-around consensus. They want nothing to do with 8mm. And it wasn't like "Hey that's pretty cool retro". It was a firm "no".

Will2

Post by Will2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Terry_USA wrote:I talked to some of the younger generation today at Church about Super 8mm film. Basically in their 20's. There was an absolutely not all-around consensus. They want nothing to do with 8mm. And it wasn't like "Hey that's pretty cool retro". It was a firm "no".
When people get the real prices that will be a "hell no."

slashmaster

Post by slashmaster » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:36 am

Terry_USA wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:21 pm
I talked to some of the younger generation today at Church about Super 8mm film. Basically in their 20's. There was an absolutely not all-around consensus. They want nothing to do with 8mm. And it wasn't like "Hey that's pretty cool retro". It was a firm "no".
And these guys are probably content with big grimy cellphones with cracked up screens. Ask these guys if they're looking to get a VR-headset and see what they say..