Documenting Summer '10 in Kodachrome and 100D

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

videoguy326

Documenting Summer '10 in Kodachrome and 100D

Post by videoguy326 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:00 am

Hey everyone. I just wanted to share my film shooting plans for the summer. I bought some kodachrome 35mm slide film and plan to shoot that along with a cart of frozen Kodachrome 40 sound film and some 100D this summer, with maybe some 500T thrown in. I plan to make a little doc out of this summer. It's just a little personal film to capture the summer before my last year of college. I'll probably record some natural sound for it as well using a tape recorder or something. This will be a great project to really capture my last "true" summer before entering the "real" world and I think kodachrome and super8 film will be great at doing that. I'm working at a small production company near me this summer and plan to go to the beach down at the Jersey shore as well as Cape Cod this summer, and just hang out with old friends and have a good time. I hope to capture the spirit of life and times spent with friends and family and produce something on celluloid that I can be proud of for years to come.

Comments? Let me know what'cha think!

Happy filming!

Will2

Re: Documenting Summer '10 in Kodachrome and 100D

Post by Will2 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:46 am

I have very similar plans. Every sunny day this summer will be a Kodachrome day. Regular 8, Super 8, 16mm & 35mm slide film ready to roll.

super8man

Post by super8man » Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 am

I just sent in my last two sound films for processing at dwaynes. Now I have one roll of K25 in 16mm...better shoot that of my kids doing SOMETHING this summer...Two minutes and 20 seconds that is...haha
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/

aj

Post by aj » Mon May 03, 2010 10:18 pm

This makes for some nice inspiration this spring, summer, autumn...
Who needs Ektachrome?

http://www.retroroadtrips.com/

Shown before :)
But the man needs support. Now working on an album of stills.
Bizarre beaty in old time pictures. Well photographed and aged well.
Next the collection is in Victoria & Albert or some Getty museum :)

I hope mr Super8man's vacation is longer than this one roll :)
Kind regards,

André

super8man

Post by super8man » Tue May 04, 2010 3:33 am

That retroroadtrips is very good stuff. Along the same lines, for those folks in the USA, check out hulu.com and look up "Big Rigs" (I think it's plural, rigs, that is).

While not the best movie, it has a few really cool moments. The ad hoc car chase scene is one of the finest in the spirit of the Duke boys. Unbelievable to catch that while filming a documentary. I can only imagine how better some of the scenes would have looked if they had been film based. Good inspiration for a summer filming adventure. It's also leaves a lot open to sort of cover the story in a different way, perhaps more like retroroadtrips.

Cheers,
Mike
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/