DAMMIT!

This is a forum about filmmaking. No tech discussions here!
BonnutFilmStudio

DAMMIT!

Post by BonnutFilmStudio »

I was working on a film in Tri-X today and after shooting I putting the equipment back in my car and put my camera bag on the roof of my car then drove away. Then camera bag fell off, I heard it and said, "oh S***!" I parked my car around the corner then ran back to where I head it fall of the roof. I spent a fricken hour and it had to have been in a 40 foot area. We all came to the conclusion that someone scooped it up. This compromised the production, which will now have to be set back. Luckily I had the camera with me but I had a shot roll of Tri-X with credits and a great deal of one of the scenes on it. But I'm wondering if I can even get it in for the Director's View Festival's deadline of Jan. 1. Anyone know any others besides Johns Hopkins which has a late deadline of Jan 31st? I wanna salvage this project while I still can. And one more thing if you ever see a film with alot of credits and a tri-x image of deranged man terroizing another man in a suit on a stone bridge, that's my f***ing film! Pardon the language but this is a lot more of a problem than it sounds. For the first time in my life I can't look at Super 8 with out getting pissed.
Kind Regards,
Ernie
Kay O. Sweaver

Post by Kay O. Sweaver »

Some of my ex-roomates stole my first super 8 camera with exposed film in it for a project. That sucked. Then me and my filmmaking partner accidentally left our cameras with exposed film in them on the train. So in the past year we've lost 4 cameras with film and the time spent shooting. On the bright side we have better cameras now AND we've reshot most of those scenes and improved on them. The way I see it any time you lose something or mess it up, its just an opportunity to do it again, but better.

It still makes you feel like crap when you lose something like that. I feel your pain.