Beaulieu Cameras

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

handcranked

Beaulieu Cameras

Post by handcranked »

What are some users opinions about Beaulieu cameras. I have the opportunity to buy a Beaulieu s2008 with a Angenieux 8-64. It's been modified to use AA batteries. Camera looks to be in excellent shape. Guy wants $100.00.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks everyone.
chow ah beng

Post by chow ah beng »

Sounds like a good deal if it's modified for AA. Beaulieu 4008 sucks! not the camera but the battery!
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Yeah, but the new power battery (belt clip) is awesome! It takes you through 30-40 cartridges!

Btw: seems like it's a good deal -> go for it!
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
el don

Post by el don »

hi there

where can we find those batteries for the 4008 you're talking about andreas? I'm desperatly trying to find this kind of graal.
thanks.
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Batteries for 4008zmII

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Hi,
Depends on where you live, but I bought mine from Bjorn Andersson (bjorn.andersson@brevet.nu). He is selling and repairing Beaulieu cameras in Scandinavia. I'm also sure the WideScreen Centre and Wittner Kinotek in Germany have them too.

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
wyatt jennings

Beaulieu 4008

Post by wyatt jennings »

I have ( or own) a Beaulieu 4008 II, Canon 1014, Elmo 1012 (I think thats the #) and a Nizo 6056. Besides the light meter being sluggish and inaccurate, at least the Beaulieu works on manual exposure. The Nizo I bought from Dr. Alex Peters in Germany is a piece of crap BEWARE!! I think he also is using the name "Bonanzabike" as an alias and Brit... but I can't prove anything. Also I have heard Beaulieu batteries are a little picky, but heck the rest of the camera is flawlwss.
chow ah beng

Post by chow ah beng »

hi wyatt jennings, I just bought a nizo professional from dr. peters, what knid of problems did you encounter? Did you leave a neg feedback in ebay?
crimsonson

Post by crimsonson »

I also had problem with the camera I bought from Dr Peters.

The contacts on almost all of the buttons was oxidized (rusted).

He claimed it was professionally checked.I dont know how you can miss that.

He alluded to blaming the postal service - but how the postal service oxidized the internal contacts?!!!!
Dent the camera maybe -

I agree- beware.
He sell them "As is"

no recourse if junk.

My experience and $.02