Timelapse 2004. What are you shooting?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

mojohey

Timelapse 2004. What are you shooting?

Post by mojohey »

Hi folks,

I know there is a seperate board for the project, but i thought as May 22nd is THIS Saturday 8O i just thought i would ask the question "what are you going to shoot?". I have noticed i seem to be the only person from Scotland, so rather than just staying in Glasgow to shoot i'm going to head up to Edinburgh or Loch Lomond, don't really know if i should go up the West coast or East coast?? The weather was beautiful this weekend... so fingers crossed... :D
----------------------------------------------
drsanchez

Post by drsanchez »

I live in a state in the US where prostitution is legal (in some counties, anyway) and I'll be shooting a nighttime timelape of the entrance to a brothel near my town. They've got lots of neon and lights and people going in and out (of the building). It's actually kind of risky since I imagine people aren't too excited to be photographed. I hope I don't get beat up I'll try to hide the camera so it's not obvious what I'm doing.
dr.sanchez, son of a midwestern bureaucrat
jumar

Post by jumar »

Note to self: Cancel plans to visit brothels on May 22nd.
downix

Post by downix »

I was going to do a shot of the dancing fountain at the end of Clamatis Street in town, but as I got called up for working this saturday, I'll instead shoot my sons birthday party. (a present for him as well that way)
sunrise

Post by sunrise »

If the weather holds I'll go to Christiania and find people with a message.

sunrise
nilse

Post by nilse »

I'm going to stay in a cabin this weekend, so I thought I check out the shed for some funny items and try to do a stop-motion-kind-a-thing...

nilse
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

I'll just pack up, and head out with my trusty eyeball :P
super8man

Post by super8man »

I'm still trying to figure out which camera to use????

Hmmm....yet another traffic study? Maybe I will go to the coast, above San Francisco and find some watery subject...macro wave action?

Decisions!
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
mrmatta

Post by mrmatta »

I think I'm going to shoot some 16mm K40 at a rural Tennessee dragstrip if the weather is nice, if the weather is bad it may be the inside of a bar.
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

super8man wrote:I'm still trying to figure out which camera to use?
Me too. i'm also wondering if any buildings will offer me a perch. I think i'll bring 3 cameras and figure it out when i find my spot. i usually use the 1014E, the only one with a "working" eyepiece shutter. otherwise i have to cover the eyepiece with a towel or something.
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

I'm gonna do some pixilation and stop-motion I think. Perhaps also some timelapse montages.
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hello,

Some custom super8 ILFORD HP 5 Plus (rated as ISO 800) in streets of Santiago Centro area. Suerte ! Good Luck !

Daniel
MovieMaker

Post by MovieMaker »

Will do some stop-motion footage on both the largest railway stations here in Vienna. While Camera A (Nizo 6080) is capturing I´ll shoot some other stuff with my Canon DS8 on b/w stock.

MovieMaker
jobes

Post by jobes »

gonna try go up the Radio City tower in Liverpool city centre,on a clear day you can see as far as Llandudno in Wales
jhoneycutt

Weather, Film and May 22nd

Post by jhoneycutt »

The weather in my home town of Portland Oregon, USA looks to be overcast at best, and possable showers at worst for May 22nd.

I was going to shoot outside using K-40, but I have now thought about using a roll of 7240. I am trying to shoot bright colors, and I wanted K-40 for that.

I am not sure what to do. I would appreciate andy feedback. I am using a Canon 1014XL-S, running 1 frame every 5 seconds.

Thanks

jack
Canon 1014XL-S, Workprinter, Mac & PC