Can one shoot Cinechrome 25 indoors with lights?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Split8mm

Can one shoot Cinechrome 25 indoors with lights?

Post by Split8mm »

I've got Cinechrome 25 in my camera (Bolex P1). The film is rated 25 ASA Daylight. What will the film look like if I shoot indoors with a movie light? My understanding is that an 85 filter is for Tungsten rated film used in the daylight. Is there a filter to use daylight film under Tungsten lights? :?

Thanks in advance!
Split8mm

Found my own answer!

Post by Split8mm »

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer ... ndex.shtml

I found the answer to my question at the web site above. The gentlemen at Kodak say that I can use an 80A filter with an exposure index of 6 (down from the daylight/no filter rating of 25).

That's rather slooooooooow, but possible. :)

Thanks!
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Artificial lightening for daylilghtfilming.

Post by S8 Booster »

This info is for the Kodak 100D reversal daylight film so it may differ somewhat from the K25 but it gives an idea of light source vs filter required.

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/produ ... .shtml#H08

RGDS
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
wahiba

Daylight Film in artificial light

Post by wahiba »

80a, which I think is blue, is about right. Just make sure you have plenty of light.
I remember trying it out, many years ago, and it worked!
New web site and this is cine page http://www.picsntech.co.uk/cine.html
robbie

k25 indoors

Post by robbie »

ive used the 80a on lens , as gel on light source and have exposed w/o filters. all have provided nice results. even without filter, just a little warm which is nice. usually use a 500k bulb. next time i shoot indoors with k25 i think ill use a blue lens filter, but not one as dense as 80a to allow the extra asa as well warm up the look. hopefully this will provide you an idea before shooting.
robbie

Post by robbie »

i meant 500 watt bulb available at local camera stores
studiocarter

lights not filter

Post by studiocarter »

There used to be lights that were blue and balanced to that film thus eliminating the need for the filter.
Split8mm

Re: k25 indoors

Post by Split8mm »

robbie wrote:ive used the 80a on lens , as gel on light source and have exposed w/o filters. all have provided nice results.
Thanks for the ideas Robbie. Since the camera and film are both new to me, I'll shot 50 feet through it this weekend using as many different lighting situations as I can think of. Then sit around for a few weeks waiting for it to be returned from processing. :(