Elmo F20 S-XL / 230 S-XL camera disassembly?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

inlieubeaulieu

Elmo F20 S-XL / 230 S-XL camera disassembly?

Post by inlieubeaulieu »

Hi everyone, I recently got an Elmo F20 S-XL camera and noticed that a screw was missing (one of two between the trigger and the lens), and when I removed the matching screw to find a correct replacement an internal bracket loosened and is now rattling inside the camera. I wonder if anyone here knows how to get the shell off so I can get this piece back into it's correct spot. Super8wiki has a link for this (for the 230 S-XL which has the same body), but unfortunately the link is dead. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the camera is fully functional, I just don't want this small piece to wind it's way into some moving bits

thanks
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Re: Elmo F20 S-XL / 230 S-XL camera disassembly?

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Hi Miles,
Unfortunatley I cannot help you, but perhaps you could provide some photos to your post so the members here can get a visual understanding of the problem/location of the screws etc?

Best of luck,
Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
inlieubeaulieu

Post by inlieubeaulieu »

Thanks for the reply Andreas. Fortunately I was able to open the shell just enough for the part-in-question to slip out, so all if good now!

If anyone here is unfamiliar with the Elmo f20s-XL, which I don't blame you you due to their rarity, it is really the best camera for wide-angle shooting. It has, to the best of my knowledge, the widest angled lens attached to a Super8 camera (4.6mm f/1.2). The lens design is odd, with a very short zoom lens which swings in front of the wide-angle lens for "normal" shooting (I'd just assume remove it, which is very easy to do). I'll post some test footage when I get some
jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

Hi!

This Japanese webpage has got several repair hints for your Elmo and its siblings:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160531090 ... s-xld.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20160427081 ... 0sxle.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20160324090 ... 20fps.html

I hope that it covers your problem.
This space was left intenionally blank.
inlieubeaulieu

Post by inlieubeaulieu »

thank you so much for posting these sites, these are the exact links I was looking for!