Hit the jackpot!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

dadu007

Hit the jackpot!

Post by dadu007 »

I was perusing an auction site recently and I came across a listing for a Minolta camera and a "Z 1000".
I looked closer at the pictures...wait...is that a disassembled ZC1000? Why yes, I think it is!
Kept my mouth shut, and bid on it aggressively in the last minute. Won it for $54.
Finally got it today. It's subzero here, and so the package was very cold off the truck. I did unpack it but I have to wait for it to thaw a day to test it and look at it more closely. But wow, I feel like, for once, I won a prize!
Yes, that is the wide angle lens.
Woot!
IMG_5786.JPG
IMG_5788.JPG
IMG_5790.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7OSE9

Re: Hit the jackpot!

Post by 7OSE9 »

Congratulations! Only the Fujica ZC 1000 (which I have, the "old" model, it seems that yours is that, but the differences with the "new" are minimal), if it works, is worth much more!
And it all seems in mint condition.
Also great for lenses and lens adapters!
dadu007

Post by dadu007 »

Thx! Yes, it looks very, very good. I did open the battery compartment: no batteries and looks new inside there, thank goodness. There was an R25N cartridge in it, as well; not sure if it's unexposed (albeit very old) or midway through... I also later found the the remote cable and skylight and 85A filters. Here's hoping the motor works!
Nicholas Kovats

Hit the jackpot!

Post by Nicholas Kovats »

Great! Enjoy your kit. Have you shot Single 8 before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicholas Kovats
Shoot film! facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm
dadu007

Post by dadu007 »

No, I have not. But in (hopeful) anticipation I already obtained some Provia 100D Single 8 cartridges from Retro 8 in Japan. And in case this ZC1000 is non-functional, I also recently obtained a NIB Fujica P2 (it’s motor seems to work fine), just so that I had SOME way to use the film I bought.
Nicholas Kovats

Hit the jackpot!

Post by Nicholas Kovats »

Good stuff. Post your results if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicholas Kovats
Shoot film! facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm
Mmechanic

Post by Mmechanic »

Got my Bell & Howell Filmo Straight Eight today. The Mytal on it has full closing iris. Only spools are missing.
BAC

Post by BAC »

What Minolta and lenses did you get? Are you going to use them?
dadu007

Post by dadu007 »

BAC wrote:What Minolta and lenses did you get? Are you going to use them?
Got a perfectly good Minolta SRT 101 with a metal body body cap and a pristine 55mm f1.2 lens (away from it right now, I’d have to check on that for sure) with both caps, UV and polarizing filters. Some M-mount Vivitar extenders were also included.

Yes, I am going to use it to teach my younger son film photography basics. (He’s expressed interest!) It’s a perfect teaching kit, just like the Pentax K1000. Ginormous viewfinder, too.

There’s a lens case in the auction photo; that’s the case for the Fujica wide-angle lens for the ZC1000.

BTW, the ZC1000 is perfectly functional except for an iffy grip trigger button. I will get around that by using the cabled remote that was included; it works flawlessly with that. Also, both lenses’ focus and aperture are like butter, as is the zoom in the longer lens.

Planning my first outing with it!
BAC

Post by BAC »

dadu007 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:38 pm
BAC wrote:What Minolta and lenses did you get? Are you going to use them?
Got a perfectly good Minolta SRT 101 with a metal body body cap and a pristine 55mm f1.2 lens (away from it right now, I’d have to check on that for sure) with both caps, UV and polarizing filters. Some M-mount Vivitar extenders were also included.

Yes, I am going to use it to teach my younger son film photography basics. (He’s expressed interest!) It’s a perfect teaching kit, just like the Pentax K1000. Ginormous viewfinder, too.
I have a few Minolta's of the same vintage, SRT201 and SRTSC-II, they are great cameras, I really like them. The Rokkor lenses are up there with some of the best in quality. Great camera for your son to learn on, I learned on the SRTSC-II when I was in High School. In my opinion a better camera than the K1000.