Eumig 824 sonomatic

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Moorend park

Eumig 824 sonomatic

Post by Moorend park »

Just bought a eumig 824 sonomatic to show my father in laws films. Never owned one of these machines before. As I was taking it out of the box, I must have pressed the red recording button. Now it doesn’t spring back again. So if I would play a reel, would it erase any recordings on the film? Don’t want that to happen! Sorry to ask such simple questions, just starting out. Any help would be appreciated!
dgs8film

Re: Eumig 824 sonomatic

Post by dgs8film »

Turn the main control knob to project and then back to stop (before loading film). This should release the record button.
Hope this helps
Moorend park

Post by Moorend park »

Thank you dgs8film
7OSE9

Post by 7OSE9 »

I hope Moorend park has solved the problem. with control knob.
I have the opposite problem, my rec button of my 822 Sonomatic does not stay locked when I recording. For years this is so, to when I record keep it pressed with my finger.
Can it be solved?
Thank you.
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

7OSE9 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:01 am I hope Moorend park has solved the problem. with control knob.
I have the opposite problem, my rec button of my 822 Sonomatic does not stay locked when I recording. For years this is so, to when I record keep it pressed with my finger.
Can it be solved?
Thank you.
PM vaneck or send him email at http://shop.van-eck.net/PP-0012.html?_g ... ch=pp-0012
as should be able to help !
Moorend park

Post by Moorend park »

dgs8film wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:15 pm Turn the main control knob to project and then back to stop (before loading film). This should release the record button.
Hope this helps
Thank you, will try once I’ve presented my wife with her birthday present this weekend.:-)
7OSE9

Post by 7OSE9 »

I still don't solve the problem.
Any help?