Juwel mini 8s8

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

sven

Juwel mini 8s8

Post by sven »

Hello,

I am new on this forum, I am shooting silent film for the last 3 years, now I am planning to sound-sync my new films.
Becouse of this I have a quastion about Sound striping film with an Juwel mini 8s8.
From diffrend souces I have heard that the film has to be cleaned before sound striping, I think to do this with Profi-filmreiniger but I have never cleaned film with a liquid. How wet does the film towl has to be to clean the film?
Further more, I have some cloes of how the Juwel mini 8s8 works but has anyone a copy of the manual, I only could find very litle information about the Juwel striper.
And does anyone has experience with the sound stripe glue from FRR-filmtech?
I'm planning to use this glue in combination with Juwel sound stripe and some Ektachrome 100d, after I have did some testings with an old film.
dave

Re: Juwel mini 8s8

Post by dave »

dont attempt to use the jewel. years ago we threatened to sue eumig who distributed the unit and eventually returned our money. we had a 50% success rate and had big problems removing the stripe that did not apply properly :|