I just ordered two rolls of Double Super 8 E100D

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Nicholas Kovats

I just ordered two rolls of Double Super 8 E100D

Post by Nicholas Kovats »

hmmmmm...

Inquiring minds may want to know why but will have to wait for results. A big thank you to John Schwind for his excellent and speedy service.

Onward!
Nicholas Kovats
Shoot film! facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm
Ektagraphic

Re: I just ordered two rolls of Double Super 8 E100D

Post by Ektagraphic »

Awesome!...It seems sort of strange to me 8mm Tri-X would get discontinued before DS8 film....
Pull that old movie camera out of the closet! I'm sure it's hungry for some film!
kII

Post by kII »

Ektagraphic wrote:Awesome!...It seems sort of strange to me 8mm Tri-X would get discontinued before DS8 film....
DS8 was discontinued last year by kodak. They made one last run, just like they are doing with tri-x. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22514&p=200807#p200807
Ektagraphic

Post by Ektagraphic »

If they don't have to manufacture a whole new coating (or do they) for other format such as 8mm or DS8, why can't they make them available on a special order basis?
Pull that old movie camera out of the closet! I'm sure it's hungry for some film!
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Ektagraphic wrote:If they don't have to manufacture a whole new coating (or do they) for other format such as 8mm or DS8, why can't they make them available on a special order basis?
(EDIT) Sorry mis-read the question... (EDIT)

Answer is they will do whatever you want including resurrecting Kodachrome if the order was big enough and the money was right (mainly if the money was right).

Because they create giant, super wide rolls that sit in their special film vaults until the slice off a part to make an order. They don't know if people want it in 35, 16, 9.5 or 8 until it's ordered. They make some of each so its ready but the bulk will wait until they run out of one size or a special order comes in. That way cosmic rays won't degrade the film before it gets to us.
Nicholas Kovats

Post by Nicholas Kovats »

Mr. John Schwind!

I love it. "Expired" photo film for experimental use, color, 16mm x 100ft" as per my shipping label! My two 100ft rolls of respooled E100D DS8 have landed safely. I appreciate the excellent service.

Standby for some ultrawide goodness.

Regards,

Nicholas
Nicholas Kovats
Shoot film! facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm