Jonny Quest complete!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

MovieStuff

Jonny Quest complete!

Post by MovieStuff »

It's been a long haul but here it be:

http://www.jonnyquest.tv/

Enjoy!

Roger
Paul L.

Re: Jonny Quest complete!

Post by Paul L. »

Congrats! I've been watching each episode as they've been completed, and have marveled at the solutions you've devised. The finished product looks even better than I expected... fantastic work!

Favorite sequence: not sure... it's all great, but my favs might be the boy running through the jungle, the mummy, swinging Race Bannon...
SHOOT FILM!
Scotness

Post by Scotness »

Well done Roger it looks great - you've succeeded in getting my 9 year old son interested in watching Johnny Quest too.

The combination of stop motion and photoshop techniques makes for an interesting effect - the end result when watching is neither stop motion models nor CGI but something else -- I could see a whole feature like this.

Scot
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K
beamascope

Post by beamascope »

Very, very cool and we all appreciate being allowed in on the process. I must ask though are you done? Is it out of your system or might you be considering the making of an episode? :D
mr.skull

Post by mr.skull »

Ah HA HA ha ha. That was friggin' awesome to finally see the complete sequence. Being a kid when Jonny Quest was originally broadcast, I definitely "get it". It gave me a rush watching your stop-motion re-creation.
dgs8film

Post by dgs8film »

Very cool Roger!
MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

Thanks everyone! While I will miss working on the project in my spare time, I won't miss working on the project in my spare time, if that makes any sense.

A whole episode? I've considered it but would need a real budget and a team of animators that are better than me, that's for sure!

Roger
BAC

Post by BAC »

That was awesome! I used to love that cartoon when I was a kid.
beamascope

Post by beamascope »

MovieStuff wrote:Thanks everyone! While I will miss working on the project in my spare time, I won't miss working on the project in my spare time, if that makes any sense.

A whole episode? I've considered it but would need a real budget and a team of animators that are better than me, that's for sure!

Roger
Better than you? Looks like you did excellent work and practice makes perfect! :lol:
I've done my fair share of stop mo as a kid and I must say at 45 I'd ONLY do it the way you did it. Table top level so I don't wreck my back. As a kid (21 and under) I would have no problem just making the sets on the floor and working down there. I don't make it to the floor nowadays unless I fall to it.
etimh

Post by etimh »

Congratulations--turned out very cool.

You should definitely submit it to some animation festivals.

Tim
grainy

Post by grainy »

Roger - this is a class A bit of animation and modeling, and the direction of the sequence is right up to par with the rest. Frankly, (not being a JQ fan of old) I find your version more compelling than the original.

I think you could set up a little animation studio based on that alone as your reel. It's too bad fellow texan Robert Rodriquez is so pro-CGI, maybe he'd be interested in seeing this anyway.

Very, very nice! Congratulations! And thanks for sharing on this forum.
G
Eylen65

Post by Eylen65 »

Well done Roger it looks great - you've succeeded in getting my 10 year old daughter interested in watching Johnny Quest too....
you have done a great job.... :)

Post by Roster »

Effin' Awesome, Roger. I remember watching that show as a kid.
"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"
john59

Post by john59 »

Excellent piece of work there fella, I'm well impressed :D
MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

Just playing catch up. Thanks everyone for your kind words. About to send a copy off to Cartoon Network. I have a producer friend in LA at CBS that is going to hip CN to the video and find out who to send it to.

Roger