100D with 814XL-S

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

brokenflashlight

100D with 814XL-S

Post by brokenflashlight »

Hi there. I've yet to shoot any 100D yet. I just purchased 6 carts. I have an 814XL-S; what will my camera read as the speed? What adjustments should I make with my aperture, if any? Also, it seems counterintuitive but should my filter be switched to the lightbulb, disabling the internal filter? Thanks!
There can be no thought of finishing, for "aiming at the stars" both literally and figuratively is a problem to occupy generations, so that no matter how much progress one makes there is always the thrill of just beginning.

-Dr. Robert Goddard
richard p. t.

Re: 100D with 814XL-S

Post by richard p. t. »

g'day,
the 814 xls (as with any other 814) is designed to read 100 asa daylight stock. There is nothing you need to do to use 100d in this camera. As for the filter, I suggest you leave the switch in the normal 'sun' position. yes, you are correct that if you switch the switch to the 'bulb' position, that will switch the 85 filter out. However the filter notch reader in the camera will also automatically switch the filter out. Leave it to the notch reader to remove the filter.
rt
I run Nano Lab - Australia's super8 ektachrome processing service
- visit nanolab.com.au
richard@nanolab.com.au
john59

Post by john59 »

I recently used my 814 electronic using 100D

http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Canon_8 ... Electronic

but I used the sunny 16 rule with excellent results, I didn't even think about changing the filter switch, (I don't even know how to).
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

I use an 814XL-S, just pop it in and shoot. No fuss no muss.
Reborn member since Sept 2003