Super 8 show print.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

bakasutchi

Super 8 show print.

Post by bakasutchi »

Hello, I wonder if anyone here knows of a facility either in the UK or mainland Europe that would be able to produce a super 8 projection print from a super 8 black and white negative. I have been looking for somewhere also that could blow up from super 8 B&W neg to 16mm positive without success, maybe someone knows about this as well. I have been in touch with Andec in Berlin and the best they can do is super 8 positive to 16mm negative. Any suggestions would be welcome. Stuart.
jpolzfuss

Re: Super 8 show print.

Post by jpolzfuss »

Hi,

shouldn't Andec also be able to create the Super8 projection print? The print would be on colour-film-stock - but this has been already done for various prints from ufa, marketing, ... in the 70s when colour-film-stock was cheaper than B&W.
Alternatives might be super8.nl, studiogamma.be, cinedia.fr or independent-film.info .
You might also try "labs run by artists" like no-w-here.org.uk and agenda.wormweb.nl . However these labs might require that you become a "club-member" first...

Jörg
This space was left intenionally blank.
richard p. t.

Re: Super 8 show print.

Post by richard p. t. »

Joerg is right - you might just ask andec to make a print for you on colour super 8 print stock as best they can. It is unlikely that this would be a 'neutral' print - it will almost certainly have some minor colour cast. It is a bit of a fiddle making bw prints on colour stock, but it certainly can be done, just a matter of finding the correct filter combination for the printer.
Karl film do sell b/w print stock in Ds8. You might be able to get some of that from them (good luck dealing with Karlfilm.de though) and have andec print on that for you (they would need to slit it which they could do). Karl won''t sell it without processing included in the price, but you might just have to pay that. Andec would no doubt want to do their own processing.
You could find someone with a Ds8 JK printer and do it yourself on either the Karl print stock (which is Orwo stock) or even on Orwo UN54.
let us know how you go.
richard
I run Nano Lab - Australia's super8 ektachrome processing service
- visit nanolab.com.au
richard@nanolab.com.au