Nizo 561 split image focusing

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

fairchild

Nizo 561 split image focusing

Post by fairchild »

Hey all

I just want to know if anyone else on the planet has the same problems focusing this camera as much as I do.It seems I can never get the subject to match up unless its at 7 and I still have problems.I have fixed the eyepiece to match my very bad eyes...

Another thing is the focusing ring dosent match up to the line for the zooming ring.Is this normal for these cameras....or am I really a dimwit...

I dont have any problems focusing my other cameras...just this one

anyone?
Joe
Ralph S

Re: Nizo 561 split image focusing

Post by Ralph S »

Adjust the eyepiece by setting the lens on infinity, look through the viewfinder at a distant object, then turn the ring on the eyepiece until it looks in focus to you and the split image lines up. You might want to put a piece of tape on the eyepiece ring at this point to make sure it doesn't move again. If that doesn't work, your camera might need repair. Also assuming you have a 561, not a 561 macro (if so, make sure it's on the normal setting, not macro).

I'm just guessing what you're talking about here, but the numbers on the focus ring and the zooming ring have nothing to do with each other - the focus is is in feet/meters to your subject. The zoom is millimeters of focal length. The line in between is indication for both of them, but they are not related.
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

If you can turn the focusring on the lens past the line on the lensbarrel, then something is wrong.
The wide and the tele setting should both align with that line. twist to check. if they don't someone most likely took off the front lens element, but it wasn't reattached correct.
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

The infinity shot is the typical rule of thumb, but it never seems to hold up on these older cams when you focus on closer shots. It always seems a tad off... as in the image is matched on the split image, but not at maximim sharpness.
Reborn member since Sept 2003