cam repair

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

mr.re-Sotto

cam repair

Post by mr.re-Sotto »

hi!
searching super8 repair/ service in austria (maybe germany) for nikon R10, beaulieu 4008 and beaulieu 6008/7008...
any ideas!?

thanks
Will2

Re: cam repair

Post by Will2 »

Björn Andersson
Sweden
info@beaulieu-service.com

He makes Beaulieu repair and maintenance an art. Plus he has all the parts needed. Björn found issues that another repair shop (it shall remain nameless) had missed and fixed for me. Highly recommended.
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

Hello, all. I've recently had an easing of previous financial straits and would like to get my Beaulieu 4008ZM2 fixed. Is Bjorn (or anybody else) refurbishing these cameras anymore?
Robert Hughes
kuparikettu

Post by kuparikettu »

Yes, Björn does still repair Beaulieu cameras.
Mana

Post by Mana »

Robert, you can also try Bernie at Super16 Inc. He is located in the US.
R8: Bolex B8

S8: Beaulieu 7008 Pro, Beaulieu 4008zm2 "Jubilee", Leicina Special, Eumig Nautica (24fps)

DS8: Bolex H8 Rex4

S16: Bolex Rex4
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Bernie is great, but Björn has access to all the original parts that he bought from Beaulieu when they closed.

For any other camera Bernie is my first call, but for Beaulieu you really need to use Björn. It will come back to you better than the day is was made; he's really that good with a 4008. I've sent three of them to him and been amazed every time. He was able to repair a lens that was bent badly (but glass was in tact).
aj

Post by aj »

Will2 wrote:but Björn has access to all the original parts that he bought from Beaulieu when they closed.
That is odd as Wittner here in 2003 http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/info/umzug-fr.html
describes how all Beaulieu parts went to the Wittner storehouse when Beaulieu abandoned ciné and attemped something in steadycam and what more.

Unfortunately a Wittner repair will be as expensive :( Often a full overhaul is needed otherwise a repair will be declined. And you still owe the diagnosis fee (and shipping)
Kind regards,

André
Will2

Post by Will2 »

aj wrote:That is odd as Wittner here in 2003 http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/info/umzug-fr.html
describes how all Beaulieu parts went to the Wittner storehouse when Beaulieu abandoned ciné and attemped something in steadycam and what more.
"All" is misleading; Wittner has the bulk but Björn has plenty as well. He isn't cheap either but the pricing is fair for the quality of work.