Beaulieu 4008 ZM II rewind function.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

bakasutchi

Beaulieu 4008 ZM II rewind function.

Post by bakasutchi »

Hello, I have a Beaulieu 4008ZMII and would like to produce some multiple exposure sequences using the rewind function on the camera. I have read in the instruction manual that it is possible to rewind 100 frames, but then I have seen contradicting information on the Lavender.fortunecity web site that silent film cartridges are unable to be rewound. I am confused as to why there would be this facility on a silent camera, am I missing something! I would appreciate anyone who has successfully used this function to give me a few tips or shed some light on the matter. P.S I do have the rewind knob needed. Many thanks, Stuart
aj

Re: Beaulieu 4008 ZM II rewind function.

Post by aj »

The cartridge has no rewind facility/capabilty. It was not designed to have it :(

With some trickery it can be done. The camera needs to disengage winding up. If you do that and shoot some images you can rewind the part that was shot after the disengage. Some later version cameras have automatic gears for that. Beaulieu 4008 cameras with this brake/disengager can do the same trick.

Don't forget the lenscover when rewinding :)
Kind regards,

André