Looking for a Chinon Pocket-8 Any help?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Kircules

Looking for a Chinon Pocket-8 Any help?

Post by Kircules »

I love taking 8mm movies on vacation and right now I use a Chinon 132PXL. I've always kept my eyes open for a pocket-8. Anyone have any leads or price?
I can't imagine too many people are after these cameras.

I've checked Ebay and around a few other places.

If no one knows where to get one, anyone have any cool experiences?
Does it work well? Did you like it?

Best!
Kirk
Andersens Tears

Re: Looking for a Chinon Pocket-8 Any help?

Post by Andersens Tears »

There are 3 or 4 of them on ebay.de right now.

Remember also that Chinon made these cameras for other companies which were simply rebranded clones - Look For Revue pocket and Bauer or Porst pocket.
Matthew Buick

Post by Matthew Buick »

Coincidentally, I'm looking for one of these cameras as well, I don't really have a carry-everywhere type of camera. They really seem well specified for their size, with two shooting speeds and manual exposure. I don't know whether this is full manual, or -/+ correction up to 1 stop. Either way, in a camera this size that's pretty good going. As for image quality, Chinon cameras of this era have a reputation for being solid, but hardly fire-lighting. It'll just be a pleasant little camera at a decent price. Personally I'm only interested in getting a Pocket 8 with the optional multi lens set. This set comes with an 8-32mm zoom, a wide angle lens of a focal length I don't know, and a small 2x Anamorphic lens. This is my secondary reason for interest in this camera, and I'd imagine it would be quite imperfect, optically speaking.

Good luck!
Matthew Buick.
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Training to be a CBT Therapist. Deeply passionate about photography. Getting back into shooting Super 8.

My flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewbuick/
Andersens Tears

Post by Andersens Tears »

Ive considered this camera as well.

The prices seem to vary - but I saw a complete kit - with the extra lens and battery pack-pistol grip thiny go for only a few euros on ebay.de only the other week! I would have taken a punt but I was a bit short in the readies department!

There are 3 of them there now.... but still no readies! :(
Matthew Buick

Post by Matthew Buick »

If anybody has a Chinon Pocket 8 in working order and nice condition, and the full set of additional lenses for sale, or knows where I can get one, I will love you forever!!

Thanks! :mrgreen:
Matthew Buick.
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Training to be a CBT Therapist. Deeply passionate about photography. Getting back into shooting Super 8.

My flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewbuick/