Reduce Paper Usage on Set

This is a forum about filmmaking. No tech discussions here!
BonnutFilmStudio

Reduce Paper Usage on Set

Post by BonnutFilmStudio »

Hey,

So is anyone else trying to figure out ways to reduce paper consumption on the set? I had an Amazon Kindle for a little while, I picked it up cheap but I really didn't get much use out of it. I have text books for school, most of which are not available in ebook form, and the only other documents I read are screenplays and shot lists etc. I'm not really using this device for it's full or true capacity if I'm just reading documents. Besides the cost! I got mine really cheap then sold it on eBay and had lot's of cash for other set expenses,

Most people have lap tops but most lap tops don't last much longer than 5 hours and we'll be out doors shooting for 12 weeks and 8 hours each shoot a day.

The simplest solution is just to share a minimal amount of scripts/shot lists etc., but now there are way too many cast and crew to really make that feasible. Of course, if thats the most common solution, then it's probably the best one.

If you're making "Green" efforts, what do you do to reduce paper consumption? Even if you don't care about trees, maybe you're doing it to cut costs. What are you doing?
Mmechanic

Re: Reduce Paper Usage on Set

Post by Mmechanic »

When film came up in times with everybody living related to each other it actually worked like in the army, everything by word. The directors ordered, commanded. Only a few trade papers were needed such as the basic tech reports, delivery checks, and invoices. I don't mean to say that we should reinstitute this but to have the producer's word is something, isn't it ?