Nalcom FTL 1000

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

copefan

Nalcom FTL 1000

Post by copefan »

Hi.....

I've got a nalcom FTL-1000, I paid £10.00 for it and it had a little battery leakage in the battery compartment which i've cleaned up.... i'll add new contacts soon. I've cleaned the contacts on the camera and hey presto.... it fires up.

I can get the light meter working and the zoom and the battery test works.....

BUT! and its a big BUT!

I can't get the shutter release to work....... which could be seen as a major problem.....

can anyone help...... and does anyone know where I colud find a lens adapter

Russ.......
richard p. t.

Re: Nalcom FTL 1000

Post by richard p. t. »

Hi Russ,
When you say you can't get the shutter release working, do you mean the shutter release of the little plastic 'handle', or the release connected with the zoom button? The little plastic handle (if you have that) needs its cable plugged in to work. If you have the larger intervalometer handle then it has electrical contacts on the top where it screws in to the camera body. these need to be cleaned. But if its the main shutter release control (which is the same button as the power zoom control) then I am afraid I don't know.
As for an adapter, ebay is the only place for such a hen's tooth. They do come up from time to time ... I bought mine that way. good luck with it.
richard
I run Nano Lab - Australia's super8 ektachrome processing service
- visit nanolab.com.au
richard@nanolab.com.au
copefan

Post by copefan »

I can't get either to work? but its the main one on the zoom button.....
I can't seem to get in to it either........... to have a look.

I have the little grip but that does not work when plugged in....... I just need to get one or the other working.

Anyone know it any other add-ons were available.....

Does anyone know a place in the UK which might be albe to take a look at it?
BK

Post by BK »

Hello Russ,

Sounds like the battery leakage damaged either the motor, or a bad contact with the trigger switch.

As far as I know, only Minolta, Olympus, and a M42 screw adaptor were made for this camera...more were promised for various makes but the camera wasn't exactly selling like hot cakes when it came out.

Not worth getting it fixed by a pro, would imagine it would cost a bit...you could get a better camera with the money, the optical performance of the Nalcom is nothing to shout about.

What's interesting is that Nalcom made a camera for Carena, it's the Zoomex 7610 super 8, has the same guts, the same Shinkor Lens but with a different body design, able to take interchangeable lenses also but no removable grip...it's build in...and they incorporated the timelapse circuitary in the camera.

Bill