Canada ROCKS!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

super8man

Canada ROCKS!

Post by super8man »

OK, here I am in Vancouver shooting with my H8RX Bolex and 100D. The weather has been very kind. Cruised on BC Ferries and even managed to strike up a few conversations with old timers commenting on my camera...I love that part.

I have discovered that the 5.5mm lens is OK but the jump to 12.5mm is a bit too big. I retrospect, it would be nice if the next lens was a 9mm...I managed to use the 36mm Macro quite a bit but its shaky even when trying to hold still (and pressed against a rock or something).

The best part of course is waiting for it to be processed and then that first viewing.

Overall, it took me about a day to refamiliarize myself with running and gunning with this camera...by the end I am trying all sorts of shooting from the hip attempts, etc.

Well, 500 feet shot so far, another 100 for the drive home and we should be good for 600 feet to play with.

Happy shooting folks.
Mike

PS - Would someone please tell Vancouver to STOP changing their skyline!!! I think it is a conspiracy to sell film to tourists. OMG. It's fantastic. At Alberni and Butte you can choose from "units starting at $4.85M" - hahaha... Tallest building in sight. This city sure has changed since I lived here...
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
Rick Palidwor

Re: Canada ROCKS!

Post by Rick Palidwor »

We Canadians rock even harder. All our amplifiers go to 11 for example (11.5 in New Foundland). In Spinal Tap it was a joke but here it's real.
Rick
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Why didn't you tell me??

I would cruise up and buy some beer.

Good Luck
BK

Post by BK »

Hey, great to hear Mike! Would love to see your film when it's done.

Silly that people asking almost 5 million loonies for a box in the clouds.

Bill