Recommendations

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

freddiesykes

Recommendations

Post by freddiesykes »

Hello all. Been a long time since I've been on the site or shot any film in general, still or cine. I sold my 814XL-S about a month ago because it wasn't being used - a decision I half regret. Maybe I'll get another one down the road :D . But to get to the point, I feel the desire to get back into the world of super 8. Maybe it's this nice weather?

The main things I want in a cam are durability, fairly light and with a good lens, but also something that wouldn't pain me too much if it got stolen. I plan on doing some travelling soon so lightweight is key!

Any recommendations?
super8man

Re: Recommendations

Post by super8man »

Have you surfed my website to refamiliarize yourself with the cameras out there? There are lots. I still like my 814XLS and Nikon R8 but every other camera I have needs to go...too many!

Cheers,
Mike
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
freddiesykes

Re: Recommendations

Post by freddiesykes »

Hey Mike, I did in fact take a look at your site and scoured ebay. Not much action on there these days. All the attics cleaned out these days?

I'm actually considering just using my H16 for the rest of the summer since I'm a bit rusty on the proper use of an all manual camera! I will be picking up some 7231 Plus-X negative or maybe some 100D. Too bad the glass I have is nowhere near as good as that C-8 on the 814 I had.