Nizo Ultrawide Lens

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Pj

Nizo Ultrawide Lens

Post by Pj »

Just wondering whether anyone here has used the Nizo Ultrawide Lens on a Nizo 156 Macro - are they good? I am looking to buy one how much should I be paying?
Thanks
P
Macnessa

Re: Nizo Ultrawide Lens

Post by Macnessa »

I have one for my Nizo 4080 and works great, not sure about the 156, but I assume it would work very similar.
Plastik

Post by Plastik »

I use one with my 801M. It’s very nice however only when there is plenty of light. Otherwise the picture becomes blurry.
Another thing to note is that it is not real glass but plastic. It would have been superb if it was glass.

It’s very good when there is plenty of light.
Ertugrul Togacay
Pj

Post by Pj »

Thanks. Can I use a larger one like the Ultrawide III which is for a filter thread of 62 with step down rings to a thread of 49? How do you focus with thelens on

P
eightmm

Post by eightmm »

There are several types, called (Schneider-Kreuznach) UWL I, II and III. I don't think the UWL III with steppingdown rings is adequate enough to use with a Nizo 156 (Any other members know this??).
I own the UWL III for my Nizo 801 macro. That type of ultrawide lens can only be used with a macro lens, besides the Nizo e.g. also the Agfa Movexoom 10. (not he Movexoom 6).
I don't know about the other UWL-types.

On the UWL III there are two fittingrings in one, for 62 and 67 mm, and because of that I can use the lens with both the Nizo and Agfa.
You set the lens at macro, the distance on "infinity" and focus with the macroring. This should be carefully done and not in a hurry, or else you get blurry pictures, even though the lens has a great DOF.

The best you can try on ebay.de (Germany) to search for an ultrawide. I got mine for 20 euros, but most of the time the amount is between 30 and 50 euros because often there are several bidders you have to compete with. Ask before you buy if there are any scratches on the lens, as also with the most minor scratches, you don't get a clear picture - especially in sunshine. Remember there is no sunhood for this lens, so direct sunrays reach your UWL and blur your picture through those scratches... Always put a piece of soft paper in between the upper lens an the plastic box, also to avoid these nasty scratches.

Good luck and happy shooting!

Regards, Paul
kentek

Post by kentek »

I have one that is about to go on sale.
I will have jpegs tomorrow.

If you would like to have me email you reply to my email: kenwood@thesportsresort.com
ken wood
tlw sports company, llc
camarillo, ca