Walmart now accepts 64T and Kodachrome S8.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

mr8mm

Walmart now accepts 64T and Kodachrome S8.

Post by mr8mm »

I have been informed by Dwayne's that Walmart is once again accepting Super 8 carts for processing by Dwayne's. Walmart( Fuji) will accept both 64T and Kodachrome Super 8 carts. This is result of requests by customers for this service. If you want this service to continue, process your 64T and Kodachrome through Walmart. And to all Walmart haters, remember that Walmart probably loses money on this service. I don't know the current prices but they will be higher than the old prices.

J.S.
super8man

Post by super8man »

I shall have to give this service a test run...my Sactown location stopped offering it so I mailed it directly.

Thanks!
Mike
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
Mitch Perkins

Re: Walmart now accepts 64T and Kodachrome S8.

Post by Mitch Perkins »

mr8mm wrote: And to all Walmart haters,

J.S.
Take your film to Shoppers Drug Mart...if you're lucky enough to live in Canada. ~:?)

Mitch
JCook

Post by JCook »

Yes, glad to hear that news.

Any idea if processing will resume at $4.88/cart for K40?

If 64T is $4.88/cart for processing I might give it a go too.

Thanks
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

this is great news. I think the webmaster should put this news on the front page.
"I think in art, but especially in films, people are trying to confirm their own existences"- Jim Morrison
etimh

Post by etimh »

Walmart? Again? Are you kidding?

Send your K40 direct to Dwaynes and support local labs for all your other processing needs.

Jesus, I thought this bad fucking joke was finally over.

Tim

WALMART FUCKING HATER!
tinhorn

Post by tinhorn »

Mitch Perkins wrote: Take your film to Shoppers Drug Mart...if you're lucky enough to live in Canada. ~:?)

Mitch
For real?
SDM saves the day.
woods01

Post by woods01 »

Mitch Perkins wrote:Take your film to Shoppers Drug Mart...if you're lucky enough to live in Canada. ~:?)
I thought there was a thread a while back that Shoppers does not
accept the 64T like they did with the old K40. Or at least the results
seemed unreliable.

If they are accepting it where do they send it for processing? This is pretty great news if they are taking it, I'd use it a lot as it is now the costs are such that it makes better sense to shoot 16mm. I've only shot one roll
and it looked very good but local processing in Vancouver is $25 + tax!
Plus the bastards don't have the decency to add a leader or even one
of Dwyane's nice white boxes.
super8man

Post by super8man »

That's a pretty crappy service no matter what kind of film service we are talking about. I mean, in all good faith its like selling a pound of peanuts and forcing you to carry it home with no bag! Man, I new Canadian's were frugal but this takes the cake. I hope you find a better service.

Cheers,
Mike
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
thebrowniecameraguy

Post by thebrowniecameraguy »

If you want to support D'Waynes Photo, send all the prepaid processing envelopes to them. They honor the PK59, just got some back. Looked great!!!

Took about 8 days!

Jordan
I'm back, I'm back- thebrowniecameraguy is back! I still have my Brownie 8mm Turret f/1.9! Time to play!
Lunar07

Post by Lunar07 »

Do we have to write anything on the envelope? Special instructions? etc...
mr8mm wrote:I have been informed by Dwayne's that Walmart is once again accepting Super 8 carts for processing by Dwayne's. Walmart( Fuji) will accept both 64T and Kodachrome Super 8 carts. This is result of requests by customers for this service. If you want this service to continue, process your 64T and Kodachrome through Walmart. And to all Walmart haters, remember that Walmart probably loses money on this service. I don't know the current prices but they will be higher than the old prices.

J.S.
Angus

Post by Angus »

etimh wrote:Walmart? Again? Are you kidding?
calm down.

We're all pretty sure that Dwaynes is making some money off this and wal-mart is probably losing some.
WALMART FUCKING HATER!
really? I hadn't noticed.... :roll:

Seriously, anything that makes super 8 film-making easier should be applauded. Nobody is forcing anyone to use wal-mart. The facts are out there and despite some people believing that "if everybody knew, they'd never shop there"...most of us choose where we shop fully armed with the facts and having made an educated choice.
The government says that by 2010 30% of us will be fat....I am merely a trendsetter :)
thebigidea

Post by thebigidea »

Considering I owe Dwayne's 500 bucks now for a huge batch I sent after hearing the dropbox route was cancelled that included a lot of 16mm k40 and the 200 foot s8 carts along with a mess of sound carts and 64t... I hope i'm forgiven for feeling unspeakably depressed that if I just would've hung on to the film for a few more weeks I could've saved a few hundred dollars.

Well i'll try the box next time, Dwayne's wouldn't reactivate the deal if they weren't being "supported" for it.
marc

Post by marc »

mr8mm wrote:I have been informed by Dwayne's that Walmart is once again accepting Super 8 carts for processing by Dwayne's. Walmart( Fuji) will accept both 64T and Kodachrome Super 8 carts. This is result of requests by customers for this service. If you want this service to continue, process your 64T and Kodachrome through Walmart. And to all Walmart haters, remember that Walmart probably loses money on this service. I don't know the current prices but they will be higher than the old prices.

J.S.
John,
Can you convince the Walmart people to accept this film in all Walmarts nationwide? Because here in Florida, there seems to be an exception.
Justin Lovell

Post by Justin Lovell »

Mitch:

Do you have any first hand experience with shopper's as of late? 64T or k40?

My last 3 tries in 2006 were shipped back to me unprocessed.
justin lovell
cinematographer
8/16/35mm - 2k.5k.HDR.film transfers
http://www.framediscreet.com