Canon Scoopic 16 MS - The "Economic" 16:9 Champ?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Canon Scoopic 16 MS - The "Economic" 16:9 Champ?

Post by S8 Booster »

of course it will not match true S16 cameras but for cheapness - its viewfinder holds a TV safe framing which should be ok for approx framing of letterboxed 16:9. Kind of waste of film but if the film is transfered to DVD it should work out quite OK.

take a look:

the MS version even acepts 122m mags.

all: http://www.erkanumut.com/16m.htm

s16hÔÔt
Last edited by S8 Booster on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
Evan Kubota

Post by Evan Kubota »

Convenient - I wonder how I can get into my original model and mark some framing lines? A future project is going to be either 16:9 or 1.85:1.
Actor

Re: Canon Scoopic 16 MS - The "Economic" 16:9 Cham

Post by Actor »

S8 Booster wrote:Kind of waste of film ...
It may seem like a waste of film but, even cropped to 16:9, you are using over 4 times as much film area per frame than super8 for only 40% more cost. 8)
reflex

Post by reflex »

Actor wrote:
S8 Booster wrote:Kind of waste of film ...
It may seem like a waste of film but, even cropped to 16:9, you are using over 4 times as much film area per frame than super8 for only 40% more cost. 8)
Excellent. I'll remember that when my wife asks what I bought from Kodak on this month's Visa bill.

"But sweetie, I got 400% more film area, and it only cost 40% more than junky old Super 8." Perhaps I should carry my pillow to the basement now, just so I'm prepared.
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology
Arislan

Post by Arislan »

reflex wrote: "But sweetie, I got 400% more film area, and it only cost 40% more than junky old Super 8." Perhaps I should carry my pillow to the basement now, just so I'm prepared.
Since I'm divorced I'm in pain now due to wanting a Scoopic but not having $800 to pay for it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7587092694
"Here we all are, all our nationalities chatting and joking on a forum- two or three generations ago we were blowing each other up! "
RandyTomlinson

Re: Canon Scoopic 16 MS - The "Economic" 16:9 Champ?

Post by RandyTomlinson »

thats why i would fill for divorce (if i was married...luckily i am not!) if my wife ever would ask me about my business. MY money, MY business.
i'd give her enough fo HER stuff.