"Tourné monté 2006" festival in Strasbourg

Announcements of film related festivals, competitions, events, workshops, projects and more!
EtiN

"Tourné monté 2006" festival in Strasbourg

Post by EtiN »

The 6th edition of the "Tourné monté" festival will take place in Strasbourg (France).
You can register and send your movie until 10/31/05. Only one rule : no editing ! That means you have to plan in advance your scenes ; you shoot and send directly the exposed cartridge to the organizers. That also means that you discover your movie only when screened!
Everything is for free. No need to be french, a lot of various nationalities are represented. All subjects and styles are accepted.
Approximately 1200 persons came for the 2005 edition and had a lot of fun !
For more informations please log on http://festivalsuper8.free.fr/
Hope to see you there !
Wild, cool and swingin'
Shion

Post by Shion »

Hi there,

Thanks for the info. I have a couple of questions, which I couldn't find answers to on the homepage as I don't understand French. :)

(1) So entries are unprocessed cartridges- the festival pays for the processing? If so, are all types of Super 8 film accepted?

(2) Do you send the films back to entrants after the event?

(3) Are you the organiser?

Cheers,

-Bon
EtiN

Post by EtiN »

Hello !
Ok to answer to your questions :
(1) So entries are unprocessed cartridges- the festival pays for the processing? If so, are all types of Super 8 film accepted?
Actually you are requested to shoot with K40, they send all the cartridges to Lausanne. You can also shoot in B&W, they send those to Andec but they ask for a extra fee.
(2) Do you send the films back to entrants after the event?
Yes they give the films back, mounted on a standard Kodak reel.
(3) Are you the organiser?
No, I'm not. I've shot a short for the 2005 edition, and as it was a good experience, I decided to shoot again for 2006 and do some advertisement !

Cheers, don't hesitate to ask for details.

Etienne
Wild, cool and swingin'