What's up with the jitter-thing?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Have you experienced jittering cartridges?

Poll ended at Tue May 14, 2002 12:57 pm

No
100%

Total votes: 4

T-Scan

Re: Examples

Post by T-Scan »

awand wrote:Just posted some jitter examples. See here:

http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/communi ... tering.php
Wow, never had jitter like that. guess they fixed the problem since this thread began.
rosemary

Re: Jitterbug

Post by rosemary »

Dear Scott Jones!

Could you please send me your telephone number? I have some important questions and also some information to you regarding the Kodak Super 8 jittering.

Hoping to hear from you!

Yours sincerely,

Mary Johnson

Scott Jones wrote:I have had one roll developed that had terrible jitter the whole way through. I also bought 2 rolls that i soon found out had the old bad batch number stamped on them. The store I bought them from here in Provo, UT would not return them even though they were unopened and I tried to explain the bad batch thing and they basically didn't belive me. Well I got in touch with Kodak and the first place (technical help line) had no clue what I was talking about but they referred me to the motion picture department. finally someone from kodak knew what I was talking about. She said they were aware of the problem. It was kodak france that had the problem and it was fixed and there was a new batch number and everything. She said that if I had ordered straight from kodak then she would have been able to replace the film that i bought but since i bought it from a store, the store should give me a refund. Well after talking to her for a while she was nice enough to send me 2 new rolls of film from the new batch. they are in my cameras right now and i hope to finish them soon and get them developed so I can see if they really do work.
MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

rosemary wrote:Dear Scott Jones!

Could you please send me your telephone number? I have some important questions and also some information to you regarding the Kodak Super 8 jittering.

Hoping to hear from you!

Yours sincerely,

Mary Johnson
This is just plain odd. I mean, we hardly ever have women posting on this forum at all and, suddenly, a new member named "Mary" appears and answers a 3 year old post to someone that I haven't seen post since? I'm not being cynical. I just find it kind of, I dunno, unsettling.....

Roger
monobath

Post by monobath »

MovieStuff wrote:
rosemary wrote:Dear Scott Jones!

Hoping to hear from you!

Yours sincerely,

Mary Johnson
This is just plain odd. I mean, we hardly ever have women posting on this forum at all and, suddenly, a new member named "Mary" appears and answers a 3 year old post to someone that I haven't seen post since? I'm not being cynical. I just find it kind of, I dunno, unsettling.....

Roger
Perhaps if Andreas would fix this forum so that people who are not registered cannot post, it would help cut down on such things.
matt5791

Post by matt5791 »

These are my observations on super8 registration:

Pro8 carts: never experienced any "jitter" - always excellent registration

Kodak branded NEGATIVE Vision 200T; V2 200T; V2 500T: never experienced any jitter.

Kodachrome: this is the only stock I have experienced "jitter" with. I know that it is supposed top be the cartridges, but I think the film has a part to play too. Of the last 30 cartridges of Kodachrome I have shot, 2 have jammed up completely (replaced by Kodak) and about 3 have displayed "jitter", however one of those I put down to my Nizo pro, which has definitely got a registration problem.

So, on the whole, I find the negative stocks more reliable from a registration point of view. Could this be down the the increased thickness of the film? I have shot quite a lot of negative in the last year and this has been the result.

I am just about to have a further 5 rolld put through telecine and feel quite confident.

Matt
Birmingham UK.
http://www.wells-photography.co.uk
Avatar: Kenneth Moore (left) with producers (centre) discussing forthcoming film to be financed by my grandfather (right) C.1962
Uppsala BildTeknik

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

Perhaps if Andreas would fix this forum so that people who are not registered cannot post, it would help cut down on such things.
But this Mary is registered, so it wouldn´t help much here.
But I agree, there is pretty much crap-advertising going on. :x