Changing Thoughts On S8....

This is a forum about filmmaking. No tech discussions here!
Alex

Post by Alex »

I'm talking about just using the wide shot and getting close to the subjects and not worrying about the background. Of course this could only be achieved with the Nizo quiet cameras.

What I'm saying is no different than the way Mini-DV camcorders are used in place of bigger HD cameras.

Nigel, you don't quite sound like a super-8 proponent even in scenarios where it would be possible to Super-8.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Alex--

This is not me "Bashing" Super8 in your words. This thread was started to express the evolution of my feelings about Super8 and to see if anyone shares them.

Do I use Super8?--Yes. Do I use it when I can?--Yes. Do I think Super8 is well suited for a feature?--No Way. You seem to think that S8 would be a great way to shoot a feature and yet you haven't done so.

I will say it again--The topic was started to see if anyone else has found S8 to be limiting over liberating. So if you feel that way tell us...If you still find S8 to be the do it all format...Tell us that too. However, if you are in my position you would see where the money for the bills comes from.

Good Luck

Post by Guest »

Nigel wrote:Alex--

This is not me "Bashing" Super8 in your words.
Nigel, when you put a word in quotes, it implies that you are quoting me from something I previously said on this thread. I have not used the word "bashed" at all. I think my previous response on this topic very fairly stated.

Making money by shooting super-8 is not the only issue to consider, however, if you want that to be the only issue to consider, it's not reflected in the title of this topic.

If you had made the topic title be "It's hardest of all making money in Super-8". I wouldn't disagree with you. I would merely point out that on the front end it's more difficult, but if one actually can follow through on a project, there still are ways to make money even from Super-8.
Alex

Post by Alex »

This is not me "Bashing" Super8 in your words.
Nigel, when you put a word in quotes, it implies that you are quoting me from something I previously said on this topic thread. I have not used the word "bashed" at all. I think my previous response on this topic very fairly stated.

Making money by shooting super-8 is not the only issue to consider, however, if you want that to be the only issue to consider, it's not reflected in the title of this topic.

If you had made the topic title be "It's hardest of all making money in Super-8". I wouldn't disagree with you. I would merely point out that on the front end it's more difficult, but if one actually can follow through on a project, there still are ways to make money even from Super-8.

And the start up costs can be less if the project is catered to Super-8's strengths.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Alex--

You said I was "Bashing" Super8 in a thread on your board. This thread is very clear in what its intentions are. To see if anyone else has gone through any changes in thought when it comes to S8....

Everyone else has been been able to stick to the topic you have not. So either state how your feelings have changed or haven't and don't take the thread into another world.

Good Luck

Post by Guest »

You said I was "Bashing" Super8 in a thread on your board.
What I said on another thread on another topic on another forum has nothing to do with my responses here and for others who are reading this thread. The reason being is I would then have to explain the backstory as to why I said it on another forum, which as you have stated, has nothing to do with this topic here and wouldn't be of interest to anyone else. If you could keep your responses related to this topic and the comments made on this topic, as I have done, we all would be the better off.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Really...

Because you are always the one digging up old posts saying that they some how have meaning in the present.