Timelapse project 2004

Collaborative film projects

Post by Guest »

Alex wrote:My K-40 Film is back! Fed-ex'd both ways to Dwaynes. The question is do I risk taking it to an HD transfer place first without knowing how it actually came out. If I first transfer it on a regular rank, the odds are it will get a bit dirtied up and then what is the point of retransferring it to HD?

If I go to HD first and discover the shot isn't as cool as I hoped it would be, I just wasted a bit of money, although I'm sure I'll learn something from the experience.
You could take a peek on a viewer and then arrange for ultrasonic cleaning, you might want ultrasonic cleaning anyway?

love

Freya
al77

Post by al77 »

Ok my film came back today & I watched it once through - looks mostly ok though focus could've been better in places. The clouds flying over the dock certainly looks impressive. So I'm ready to send it off to Norway...

Andreas - Am I supposed to put a CDR or miniDV tape in with the reel? Once I know I'll get it in the post to you.
thanks,
monobath

Post by monobath »

Got my timelapse film back yesterday. I'd also like to know whether to include a mini-DV or other blank media with it when I send it I send it to you Andreas?
al77

Post by al77 »

monobath wrote:Got my timelapse film back yesterday. I'd also like to know whether to include a mini-DV or other blank media with it when I send it I send it to you Andreas?
I emailed Andreas & he said just to post the films on their own for now as it has not been decided what will be happening about returning copies on blank media. I posted mine on monday, should be there soon...
monobath

Post by monobath »

Thanks, Al. Mine's in the mail.
studiocarter

logon

Post by studiocarter »

Logon, back, refresh, :D

My film came today :lol: It took 23 days, UK to London and Swiss to UK.

Jeff Dodson just got my copy of DodCap to work and I'll clean the film and go for a 3CCD firewire NTSC capture and burn to DVD tomorrow. :twisted:

Since everything was shot at 9 fps, what pull down should I apply?

:?:
al77

Post by al77 »

Hi Michael - Sorry I've no idea about the pulldown - you might be better starting a new post as I think most people have stopped checking this thread so often.
How are you finding the 3CCD camera? Is it a big improvement?
cheers,
studiocarter

pulldown

Post by studiocarter »

login, back, back, refresh :oops:

Yea

Hi Al,

Yea, it makes bigger pictures, eliminating the enlarging step in TMPGEnc for DVD making from Hi-8. It even works without the Raid. One HD is down so the other has been formated; it works with DodCap - no raid at all- and the 18 fps pulldown looks great. Looks great on film shot at 18 that is. I suppose film that was shot at 9 fps will look twice as fast like it is supposed to. There is one clip on this roll that was shot at 9 fps and there is great motion blur. Looks like Keystone Cops.

Michael Carter
downix

Post by downix »

Finally got my film back from Yale. I don't dare even look at it, for fear of scratching, so I'll send it off today, sight unseen. I hope it looks ok. *nerves nerves*

*edit* ok, post office wasn't open, so I printed a frame from it on our Fuji film printer at work. Here it is for your viewing pleasure. (I didn't unroll more than the first few frames, for fear of scratches)
pheel

Post by pheel »

Aw, this sounds like a very nice project! Shame I missed this year, guess I'll be there next year.

Will the final result be available on the internet? I'd really like to see it.

Post by Guest »

My film came back, but the first few frames that had my name on them came out black. Is it okay if I wrote my name on the film in blue permenant marker.The name is visible if you look at the film.
camera_wizard

Post by Guest »

login, back, back, refresh

Yea
not for me. :cry:
Actor

Post by Actor »

When was the last time the list of participants was updated? I'm hoping my film made it on time but my name is still in black.
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

pheel wrote:Aw, this sounds like a very nice project! Shame I missed this year, guess I'll be there next year.

Will the final result be available on the internet? I'd really like to see it.
It will be availeble on DVD from this site.

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Anonymous wrote:My film came back, but the first few frames that had my name on them came out black. Is it okay if I wrote my name on the film in blue permenant marker.The name is visible if you look at the film.
camera_wizard
Yes, that's cool.

Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations