Nikon R8/10 question

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

inlieubeaulieu

Nikon R8/10 question

Post by inlieubeaulieu »

Hi All, I have finally gotten my hands on a few R8/R10 cameras (most of them non-operational parts cameras) and I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove/replace the eye cup for these cameras? It feels really stuck in place (and on one of my parts cameras it is even moving the whole viewfinder and seems like it might break) and I'm wondering if there's some trick to taking it off?
jpolzfuss

Re: Nikon R8/10 question

Post by jpolzfuss »

Hi!

No clue about the R8/R10, but on some Nikon-still-cameras, there’s a small plastic ring that is slipped above the rubber-eyecup where it is „connected“ to the camera’s viewfinder. It secures the eyecup so that it’s not only hold by the tension of the rubber, but also by this small ring. Hence, you’ll have to push that ring towards the camera before you pull the eyecup off the camera.

Another possible cause: On some cameras the eyecup isn’t slipped onto the camera, but has got a thread and is screwed into/onto the viewfinder.

I hope that these wild guesses help.

Good luck,
Jörg
This space was left intenionally blank.
inlieubeaulieu

Post by inlieubeaulieu »

I figured it out, i just needed to pull the rubber past the lip of the metal eyepiece... but hold the eyecup by the shorter sides and not the long tip (I ripped an eyepiece while pulling from the tip)
jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

That’s good to know. Thanks. :ymapplause:
This space was left intenionally blank.
silverhalide

Post by silverhalide »

There is one for sale on ebay right now.