Fujica P300... what voltage please ?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

doug

Fujica P300... what voltage please ?

Post by doug »

Hello all, I've got a little Fujica P300 single-8 camera. Can anyone tell me please what voltage I need for the light meter. I tried a 1.35 volt battery which activated the meter, but gave readings indicating apertures that looked too wide.
On another subject, what are the chances of procuring single-8 film in the UK or the rest of Europe ? Would be nice to try it with some film.
Doug
www.filmisfine.co
Arislan

Re: Fujica P300... what voltage please ?

Post by Arislan »

Get film from Japan! It only takes a few days and the quality is awesome.

http://www.retro8.com/english/englishindex.html

The page is out of date so just email them and ask about Provie 100.

As for the light meter, there's always a chance it no longer works right.
"Here we all are, all our nationalities chatting and joking on a forum- two or three generations ago we were blowing each other up! "
doug

Post by doug »

Thanks for that Arislan. I'm nervous about adding more volts to the lightmeter. Couldn't find any instructions.
Doug
www.filmisfine.co
alexmuir

Post by alexmuir »

It looks like it used a mercury H-D cell which gives 1.35 V. I don’t have this camera, but have replaced these cells with the 1.4V hearing aid battery. The big one, known as 675A in the UK works well, and is cheap. Life is shorter than mercury, but longer than the two weeks I expected. Worth a try if you can’t find mercury, or 1.35V replacements are too expensive.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
doug

Post by doug »

Many thanks for the info. The MR50 battery I tried looks OK, but the meter shows about 3 or more stops over-exposure. So unfortunately I can't think of a way around this one. No manual exposure. If it was the other way round, ie under-exposure, I could add some ND gel to the lightmeter :|
Doug
www.filmisfine.co
alexmuir

Post by alexmuir »

I would try the 675 type which is closer in voltage to the original. You will need to pack the compartment with rolled up tin foil to make up the extra bulk.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro