MovieStuff surviving Hurricane Harvey!

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

MovieStuff

MovieStuff surviving Hurricane Harvey!

Post by MovieStuff »

Just a general note that we are high and dry in Texas, despite Hurricane Harvey's attempts to drowned half the state. However, many of our vendors as well as freight companies like UPS and Fedex are experiencing interruptions of service in our area due to the storm which seems like will never end. As a result, we will be behind by about a week to two weeks for all shipments in September. We will do what we can to catch up but there is little we can do until Harvey fades away. If you or anyone you know has an order with us and are concerned, please feel free to contact us.

moviestuff@swtexas.net

830-966-4664 office any time

Roger
Nicholas Kovats

Re: MovieStuff surviving Hurricane Harvey!

Post by Nicholas Kovats »

Glad to hear you guys are ok, Roger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicholas Kovats
Shoot film! facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Stay dry. Not much rain up in Dallas so far.
MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

Wow. We're okay but it's really, really bad, guys. Here's a link with photos just so you get an idea of what everyone is currently dealing with down here.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katebubacz/17- ... vaL4O7XWZ0

The hurricane has gone back into the gulf a bit where it is currently recharging and expected to possibly make landfall again. Not sure if south Texas can take another hit.

Roger
Will2

Post by Will2 »

Not film related, sorry...but as Roger has said, it's pretty bad in Houston and surrounding areas. Any help is appreciated.

https://www.redcross.org/donate/hurricane-harvey
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

Glad to hear, Moviestuff was born from the ashes of Hurricane Andrew if I recall? This one is unreal.
Reborn member since Sept 2003
BAC

Post by BAC »

MovieStuff wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:51 pm Wow. We're okay but it's really, really bad, guys. Here's a link with photos just so you get an idea of what everyone is currently dealing with down here.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katebubacz/17- ... vaL4O7XWZ0

The hurricane has gone back into the gulf a bit where it is currently recharging and expected to possibly make landfall again. Not sure if south Texas can take another hit.

Roger
The company I work for does waste cleanup for the U.S. EPA. We were involved in the Hurricane Katrina cleanup back in 2005/2006. This looks like it's going to be similar if not bigger. It looks like a much larger area that was affected compared to Katrina. When you see all those homes that have water up to the roof line pretty much everything in there becomes waste. I was responsible for the Household Hazardous Waste, Orphaned tanks (floated off into the swamp) and Guns and munitions in Orleans Parish. We were there over 8 months cleaning it up. They created new landfills just to handle the volume of waste. I remember everyone getting sick when we were there, they called it the Katrina Crud. It was probably from all the mold and sewage that was spread everywhere. They were handing out antibiotics like candy. Sadly it's going to be along recovery for the entire region.
JonH

Post by JonH »

Have a former co-worker and fellow retiree that retired to TX, and lost her home due to flooding. Her fellow retirees are funding her through a gofundme site. It's nice to do directed giving that way. She used my film capture service years ago with Roger's Moviestuff equipment. I sent her much more that she paid me, and was glad to help her....
Regards,

Jon

WorkPrinter RGB, Velocity HD, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Sony HDR-FX7, Windows XP Pro-32, Grass Valley Edius editing platform.