(EDIT: It has 33' on the spool. I feel dumb.) 8mm FOMA question, HOLY CRAP I'VE BEEN GONE

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

thebrowniecameraguy

(EDIT: It has 33' on the spool. I feel dumb.) 8mm FOMA question, HOLY CRAP I'VE BEEN GONE

Post by thebrowniecameraguy »

Hey all, it's literally been years since I have posted but I haven't forgotten.

I bought a roll of Fomapan double 8mm roll film, IS0 100. Is there enough film on the spool to load and run until my Brownie shows '25'? I want to have enough leader to properly expose, flip and reload and expose the full 25' of film?

I haven't shot in nearly a decade and holy crap, I can't go on vacation without it all of the sudden!
Last edited by thebrowniecameraguy on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back, I'm back- thebrowniecameraguy is back! I still have my Brownie 8mm Turret f/1.9! Time to play!
Danmouer

Re: 8mm FOMA question, HOLY CRAP I'VE BEEN GONE

Post by Danmouer »

Yes. It is a standard (double) 8mm roll. Nice film! It measures 15 meters, but close enough to 50' to not worry about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
alexmuir

Re: (EDIT: It has 33' on the spool. I feel dumb.) 8mm FOMA question, HOLY CRAP I'VE BEEN GONE

Post by alexmuir »

I also wondered about this! There seems to be plenty to allow for a leader.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
doug

Re: (EDIT: It has 33' on the spool. I feel dumb.) 8mm FOMA question, HOLY CRAP I'VE BEEN GONE

Post by doug »

I've been a bit mystified about this, is it on a thinner base that they can get so much on the spool ?
Doug
www.filmisfine.co
studiocarter2

Post by studiocarter2 »

If you send it away the lab may cut off the excess. Best to develop it yourself in a UPB1A Lomo tank.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater