Another Pass the cart project?

Collaborative film projects
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Another Pass the cart project?

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

I was wondering how many people who would be keen on doing another Pass the cart project? This time with good planning, organizing and pre-paid carts + shipping?

What do you think? Any good ideas to follow?

If you don't know what "Pass the cart" was, it was a filmproject where each participant shot about 30 seconds of film each before sending the cartridge off to the next participant and at the end the film got processed and edited together with the other films.

See here for some results:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOkt- ... Ym5az0LyPg

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
aj

Re: Another Pass the cart project?

Post by aj »

It were better mentioned in the generic forum. These theme fora get very little attention.
One might wonder how many real S8 filmers still keep track of the forum here.

I didn't participate in the original projects.

I noticed in the reports there were many sloppy/lazy bum participants who took forever to expose their part.
Even worse were those who couldn't operate their camera properly and used far more than their allowed part. Leaving the last user of the cart with way too little seconds or even nothing. Then there was this little skirtbearer "sshole from UK who forgot about his promises all together and had to be forced to send the Kodachromes in for processing just before the end of Kodachrome.

Another problem is that there is no reversal film and prices have quadruppeled. Might have to resort to Tri-X

The concept was philosophically really nice but considering mentioned before and the poor visual quality of the images it will be hard to get it right this time.

The other project seems far more viable where people globally shoot some footage on the same moment and contribute that to the project. Then an editor who will by edit and select , will produce a complete assembly of it all (almost).
Kind regards,

André
sven

Post by sven »

I would be interested in this project, I can contribute with a cart of color reversal film. Anyone interested in passing a cart of single-8 Fujichrome R25N (expired 2007)? I also could contribute with a cart of super8 Cinevia 50D (expired 2014) or maybe Ektachrome 100d (bought in dec 2012) or even Ektachrome 64T???? Maybe I could start here in the Netherlands with King's Day.

Sven
Superbus_

Post by Superbus_ »

I am interested in taking part of this initiation again. I took part in the original one and the second one as well. I think the final film was interesting I loved it, especially because Tabby contributed a great audio work, so finally it was a good film and a funny idea to be done.

Well, I am positive that we could avoid the last filmmaker''s problem, that in case the cassette has run out of time, by securing an entire new casette for the last guy. Is it more fair am I right? By the way, as I remember I was able to keep the time of my part in both occasions.
Another solution could be to share 1 casette by two or maximum 3 guys (are there women? we need more women to make films, it is another perspective), so we have more time to manage and film our parts and it could be cut better as I see.

Finally, I was not too active here for a while here, but planning to be involved again.

Alvaro
"Cuando despertó, el dinosaurio todavía estaba allí."
("When he awoke, the dinosaur was still there.")

Augusto Monterroso, El Dinosaurio
jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

Hi!

What has happened to this project?

Jörg
This space was left intenionally blank.
sven

Post by sven »

Nothing happened. This forum to be honest is quite dead as not many people are active at all here anymore. I'm still all in for a pass the cart project but maybe it's better to ignite such a project on another platform than this forum as not many people are active here. Maybe an idea to propose such a project on the super8mm Facebook group? I'm sure more people would like to participate as that group has hundreds of active users.
jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss »

Hi!

Is anyone still using Facebook? For me, it became completely unusable due to all these ads, the stupid, never fitting „you should also like these videos or groups“, all the fake news, the hate speech and a GUI that prevents following the few interesting topics …

Jörg
This space was left intenionally blank.