Double X black and white negative in Super-8 format

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Daniel

Double X black and white negative in Super-8 format

Post by Daniel »

Fotoquímica Films SpA in Chile has started development services of Double X black and white negative in Super-8 format (custom load of Kodak 5222 stock). Currently processing are done into D-76 (1+0) at 20ºC during 7 minutes with a Jobo expert tank. We plan to process into D-96 in the short term. The Double X looks very promising for Super-8 format. I will post film scans next week or so.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
studiocarter2

Re: Double X black and white negative in Super-8 format

Post by studiocarter2 »

Cool! Thanks for the developing tip. Do you sell that film? Some guys that are friends with me on Facebook are from done your way.
Daniel

Re: Double X black and white negative in Super-8 format

Post by Daniel »

Hi,

I have been testing the very same stock, Eastman Double X (5222) but in 135 format and with Ilfotec DD-X developer ( http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/product.asp?n=31 )
I plan to test developing Double X (super-8) with Ilfotec DD-X to compare results,

Yes my company Fotoquímica Films SpA, does sell this stock, we do have 20 cartridges available (each cartridge 50 feet aprox). If you are interested, we can send an official quote via email fotoquimicafilms@gmail.... Unfortunately the pricing is really high due to the nature of this experimental batch (custom loads from fresh 400' 35mm stock) and the heavy associated costs as courier int'l shipping, customs agency cost, customs (duties and taxes). To try to find a balance, we are offering included development, during the austral summer. All in all this is a research and development batch, and the pricing reflects that. It may be interesting for a D.o.P or specialized super-8 shooters that already know Plus-X (7276, 7265) and Tri-X (7278 and 7266) and wants to use that Double X stock in a specific project.

Few weeks ago, I have sent one cartridge (unexposed, undeveloped) as a free sample to Kodak Santa Monica Blvd. in California, for their Research and Development purposes. They may have already tested this stock in super-8, before anyway, don't know. Hopefully they consider the stock for their super-8 portfolio, so pricing could be similar to Tri-X.

Tri-X is nice; but I miss Plus-X (7276) and even if Double X is not a replacement for Plus-X, it has been interesting to see the results of Double X (black and white negative). Whenever I can post images from the current project and tests being done with this stock, I will update this thread.

Daniel