Making Kodak Film - Second Edition

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

silverhalide

Making Kodak Film - Second Edition

Post by silverhalide »

There is not a single person in this forum who does not need this book. The first edition was fantastic. Based on what I've seen so far, the second edition will be mind-blowing.

http://www.makingkodakfilm.com
slashmaster

Re: Making Kodak Film - Second Edition

Post by slashmaster »

Hmmmmmmmmm, they're threatening that if you don't buy now they'll jack up the price to $125 at the beginning of the new year. But what really happens?..... I hope my library gets it cause I'd rather spend money on film or lenses or something...
silverhalide

Re: Making Kodak Film - Second Edition

Post by silverhalide »

slashmaster wrote:Hmmmmmmmmm, they're threatening that if you don't buy now they'll jack up the price to $125 at the beginning of the new year. But what really happens?..... I hope my library gets it cause I'd rather spend money on film or lenses or something...
Publishing a book is very expensive, particularly when quantity is low. I imagine the author makes a small profit, but that it is a labor of love.

When the first edition came out, I bought copies for several friends because I wanted to do my part to encourage further efforts on the part of the author.

If you like something, be sure to buy it so that it continues to be produced. That's my motto.

/sermon