Film Prep Technician Job Opening in Los Angeles

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

CHAS

Film Prep Technician Job Opening in Los Angeles

Post by CHAS »

Anyone in the LA area interested in a fulltime job with good benefits here at the UCLA Film and TV Archive:

The Film Laboratory Prep Technician works under the direction of the Film Laboratory Manager to perform normal functions of the Stanford Theatre Film Laboratory.
Major duties include: inspecting film and making necessary repairs, cleaning film, negative matching and assembly, and other standard film handling and laboratory procedures.

https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants ... 8103255777
lastcoyote

Re: Film Prep Technician Job Opening in Los Angeles

Post by lastcoyote »

Hey man been a long while CHAS!!! :ymhug:
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

lastcoyote wrote:Hey man been a long while CHAS!!! :ymhug:
Thanks. No filming for quite a while unfortunately!
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

same here, I bring my 8mm to Kyoto Japan, but end up just a few snaps... Hey how's everybody, been a very long while didn't appear in here.
When my life finish, every single frame of my films loop my thought…
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

More film jobs at UCLA - these are for "film preservationists":

https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants ... 7101630083
Under the general supervision of the Head of Preservation, the Film Preservationist is responsible for the Archive's copy-to-protect program of film preservation. The incumbent conducts and oversees the photochemical transfer of selected film materials ranging from basic to moderate complexity. The incumbent also ensures the processing of newly created preservation elements. Duties include: inventory and prepare preservation elements for storage; research and identify materials for transfer; inspect and prepare materials for transfer; liaison with lab and oversee transfer process; perform quality control checks on preservation elements; and other duties as assigned.

and:

https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants ... 7101630083

Under the direction of Head of Preservation, the Senior Film Preservationist is responsible for heading a subset of the preservation activities of the Archive's Film Preservation Program. The major duties involve performing complex restoration projects requiring specialized knowledge and advanced preservation techniques, and directing preservation work performed by subordinates. Other specific duties include: administration of projects and ongoing components of the Preservation Program, development of the Preservation Program, supervision of personnel, professional and educational activities, fundraising and public relations, and coordination of preservation activities with other Archive units.