Beaulieu 708EL capstan film projector manual

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

nikonr10

Re: Beaulieu 708EL capstan film projector manual

Post by nikonr10 »

granfer wrote:In English.... User Manual and Service Manual. PRINTED at VERY reasonable price.

http://www.oldtimercameras.co.uk/stock/ ... lPage=true

granfer
Thank you Granfer ,
Gargamel

Post by Gargamel »

Hi,

Sorry, it's in French, but you can see an excellent tutorial about the Beaulieu 708EL Capstan Drive, with good pictures, on the Fiston website:
http://fiston.production.free.fr/super8 ... ojo708.htm
[Thank you, Michel !]

A free User Manual PDF, but in French too...
http://web.jclaude.free.fr/Les%20fichie ... Stereo.pdf

I have an old "708 EL handbook" PDF, but the pictures are not very good. And a old paper by Ignacio Benedeti Corzo, in English.
I put these two PDF here, in a "BeaulieuPDF.zip" (5.45 Mb):
http://dl.free.fr/bY0wXMW1C
[No password required]

HTH...
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

nikonr10 wrote:Hello anyone here ! has the Beaulieu 708 el film projector manual in english please , if so can I get a copy .

Thank you ,
Granfer, just got my Manual / for my Beaulieu 708 el capstan film projector in English in pdf , took some time but all worked out ,
She a real French babe , So very Big Thank you for your help in this ,
aj

Post by aj »

nikonr10 wrote:
nikonr10 wrote:Hello anyone here ! has the Beaulieu 708 el film projector manual in english please , if so can I get a copy .

Thank you ,
Granfer, just got my Manual / for my Beaulieu 708 el capstan film projector in English in pdf , took some time but all worked out ,
How much time have you spent to save yourself Euro 6 ( 20 seconds of filming) on a readily available professional PDF?
This after purchasing a bargain projector at Euro 350.

No wonder retail is closing down everywhere. :(
Kind regards,

André
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

aj wrote:
nikonr10 wrote:

Thank you ,
How much time have you spent to save yourself Euro 6 ( 20 seconds of filming) on a readily available professional PDF?
This after purchasing a bargain projector at Euro 350.

No wonder retail is closing down everywhere. :(
Yes AJ can now use more euros to help save film ? Are you bitter you did not get the this nice French babe of a projector ?, Read first post ?. As I am sure you have got stuff like manuels off the internet for free or downloaded ? if not then you must be first I have come across ? or a saint in a digital Age ? yea Right , Yes blame me for the plight of the state of retails ! as your have too blame someone ,
slashmaster

Post by slashmaster »

Glad you got it without having to pay! Even if it did take you more time to find it then you would have spent at work earning it, it helps sharpen your info finding skills! I thought your projector had the HTI lamp, but a 150 watt EFR is still more powerful than most! I've got some advice for you for when you burn it out. You know how a multi mirror version of any bulb gives off about 10% more light? Well some jackass on ebay is using a picture of a multi mirror EFR then he sends you a standard one. Don't fall for it! I looked long and hard to find a multi mirror EFR too so I don't think they exist.
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

slashmaster wrote:Glad you got it without having to pay! Even if it did take you more time to find it then you would have spent at work earning it, it helps sharpen your info finding skills! I thought your projector had the HTI lamp, but a 150 watt EFR is still more powerful than most! I've got some advice for you for when you burn it out. You know how a multi mirror version of any bulb gives off about 10% more light? Well some jackass on ebay is using a picture of a multi mirror EFR then he sends you a standard one. Don't fall for it! I looked long and hard to find a multi mirror EFR too so I don't think they exist.
Hey Slashmaster ! That what I think too // Super 8 filmmaking is DIY that my creed/ that what gives me it;s magic , did not take that long to find the Manual / just some effort and asking that why we come to the forum /learn as we go on and even get some help on the way ! ? even if some will damm you for it, there problem not mine ?
Anyway very happy with my french babe ! now that I have the Manual can learn all about how she move what then knobs and buttons / switchs can do with out causing any pains , best part is that you can still get spares for her ! Will buy the sevice Manual at some point to get a even deeper understanding off her HE HE HE ,

with the HTI lamp 250 w Beaulieu projector never seen ones come up for sale that often ? the newer ones from the 90s then the price ???? then the bulbs ,
out of my reach ,
happy with what I got yea ,what a babe, just so nice to look at ! she art and from a time when they still made stuff with love ! Keep it Film keep it DIY the punk creed, most off all do it with LOVE ,
And give;s a whole new life to my films , even if only 150 w
slashmaster

Post by slashmaster »

Yeah, the DIY attitude is a great thing! I think those metal halide bulbs last a reasonable time if left on a long time but don't last long turning it on and off when you show a lot of short 50 foot films. I think someone on here did an HTI conversion if you want to try it though.

Not long ago I completed the monumental task of going through all the super 8 projectors on super8data trying to find the best ones. I came to the conclusion the Fumeo 9145 is the ultimate super 8 projector but took note of anything that was 150 watts or more, anything that was a manual or slot load where you could actually see the film in it (wanted something gentle to film) and anything with a rear sprung gate. I really liked all fumeo's, the beaulieu's the better elmo's and the bolex sm-8. Then I found a 150 watt Sankyo, it's film path is about as gentle as a bolex and it's about as bright as a elmo st 1200. It was $30 so def can't go wrong!
granfer

Post by granfer »

It doesn't take very long to work out who on this Forum doesn't give a damn for what anyone else thinks, is full of false apologies (even by PM), insincere thanks and great vanity, but reveals his true colours in the end. Fortunately, we can all recognise the User Name in future and ignore his future requests for help.
I take comfort from the fact that the world is not completely full of such sad people.

granfer
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

Wow Did not realised asking if anyone had a manual for Beaulieu 708 ! or knew where to get one? would rise so much feelings or emotional respone!
Maybe just like film ?! If you buy a Film projector it make sense to find the manual? if you don,t have one or projector did not come with one ?
Not the first to ask if any one has a Manual on this Forum ?and will not be the last ? There is even posts of people given Manuals away on here , or where to download ,
So if I have hurt or caused you damage in this or upset anyone on the forum by doing so then I am very sorry ,

Thank you all for your input , AND she really is a nice Film Projector ,

Maybe this filmshooting forum needs a Manual achive ?

KEEP shoot ing film ,
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

Gargamel wrote:Hi,

Sorry, it's in French, but you can see an excellent tutorial about the Beaulieu 708EL Capstan Drive, with good pictures, on the Fiston website:
http://fiston.production.free.fr/super8 ... ojo708.htm
[Thank you, Michel !]

A free User Manual PDF, but in French too...
http://web.jclaude.free.fr/Les%20fichie ... Stereo.pdf

I have an old "708 EL handbook" PDF, but the pictures are not very good. And a old paper by Ignacio Benedeti Corzo, in English.
I put these two PDF here, in a "BeaulieuPDF.zip" (5.45 Mb):
http://dl.free.fr/bY0wXMW1C
[No password required]

HTH...
Hey Thank you Gargamel miss this post / love your website wow so much to learn , see you have adeep love for all things Beaulieu , what a babe !
This is what I was looking for too get a deeper understanding what she can do <
Gargamel

Post by Gargamel »

Nikonr10,

Michel R. ("Fiston") was a pro in French TV, but he knows the small gauge films very well.
Since years, his website is a "Bible" for us here, concerning film transfer. The Beaulieu 708EL and Michel... a love story !
http://fiston.production.free.fr/teleci ... cinema.htm

[Unfortunately in French...]
aj

Post by aj »

slashmaster wrote:Glad you got it without having to pay! Even if it did take you more time to find it then you would have spent at work earning it, it helps sharpen your info finding skills! I thought your projector had the HTI lamp, but a 150 watt EFR is still more powerful than most! I've got some advice for you for when you burn it out. You know how a multi mirror version of any bulb gives off about 10% more light? Well some jackass on ebay is using a picture of a multi mirror EFR then he sends you a standard one. Don't fall for it! I looked long and hard to find a multi mirror EFR too so I don't think they exist.
What would a multi mirror imply? It has two layers or such? Or the mirror is faceted?

When checking specifications of projectors the lens is important too. A f1.1 brings 50% more light on screen than a f1.2
Kind regards,

André
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

Gargamel wrote:Nikonr10,

Michel R. ("Fiston") was a pro in French TV, but he knows the small gauge films very well.
Since years, his website is a "Bible" for us here, concerning film transfer. The Beaulieu 708EL and Michel... a love story !
http://fiston.production.free.fr/teleci ... cinema.htm

[Unfortunately in French...]
Gargame, Michel R really know this small Gauge well what you could do with it , So much to take in and learn !
Thank you for posting , M Beaulieu really had alove for this small super8 gauge you see it in his designs! how you could push it and get akind of magic from that tiny frame ,
If you look at the time when super8 film came out , Filmmakers like Robert frank , juc luc Godard , Nicolas Roeg really took it somewhere on a higher level beyond
and this was back at the birth of this small gauge ! and into the 70/s !
Love you homemoives thank you for sharing , Keep it film , keep it DIY ! being working on a film with my son over the years .
Will start anew thread time to go away from the Manuel search and move on ! and talk about the love for Film and Filmmaking and all things Beaulieu in this age.
slashmaster

Post by slashmaster »

aj wrote:
What would a multi mirror imply? It has two layers or such? Or the mirror is faceted?

When checking specifications of projectors the lens is important too. A f1.1 brings 50% more light on screen than a f1.2
Faceted might be the right term. Multi mirror means instead of having a smooth rounded reflector it has a bunch of small flat mirrors so it kind of looks like an inside out disco ball that has been cut in half. you get about 10 percent more light. Lots of flashlights are like this too.

Here is a standard bulb http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-DJ-ELC ... 1e80cf1648

Here is a multi mirror bulb http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-E-Multi-Mirro ... 19f6878189