Think about making prints

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Will2

Think about making prints

Post by Will2 »

The prices and minimum quantity for print film is going up. I would suggest that anyone shooting 16mm think about making some prints while you can.

Seeing 16mm projected is really great; for a long time I just shot and transferred, but throwing it on a projector is a great thing and today's print stocks are formulated to last for hundreds of years.

I've never made Super 8 prints of negative stock but that's probably a good idea too.
carllooper

Re: Think about making prints

Post by carllooper »

And making 16mm optical prints from Super8 negative.

Or from Super8 reversal for that matter, via an intermediate.

Not just for entertaining distant archeologists, but also audiences closer to home.

C
Carl Looper
http://artistfilmworkshop.org/
kuparikettu

Post by kuparikettu »

Just ordered today a super-8 print made of 7x15m super-8 negatives. I'm really excited to see how it looks! Some Fuji 64D, 500D, Vision3 200T and 500T. Later in the Autumn I'm hoping to do as the second batch other 6x15m from the last summer. Super-8 is just so much easier to carry around and the projector I have so fool-proof that it's a pleasure to work with it.

My experiments with 16mm reversal film and projecting it weren't -- ahem -- quite as pleasant. I fear I would just scratch my precious prints (way too many times I have seen how the film gets stuck within my Eiki NT-2!). But maybe I should do some 16mm > super-8 prints... hmm.
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

Who's doing super 8 prints anyway? Last I heard there was one company in Germany?
Reborn member since Sept 2003
kuparikettu

Post by kuparikettu »