Super 8 stuff in Hamburg/Bremen?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Static 8

Super 8 stuff in Hamburg/Bremen?

Post by Static 8 »

Any members from Hamburg or Bremen areas?
Are there any shops selling super 8 related stuff? Movies, cameras, films... Fleamarkets of course.
I'm spending a week there in april and I'd like to come home with some new "treasures".

Danke!

(btw, thanks for the Berlin tips last year jpolzfuzz! Too bad that the Film dose shop was closed, I even tried to call there but no answer. And the Fujica ZC-1000 found from some photo shop didn't work)
livio

Re: Super 8 stuff in Hamburg/Bremen?

Post by livio »

In Hamburg, walking up from Simon-von-Utrecht-Straße, I don't remember if still in Kleine Freiheit, or in Bernstorffstraße, on the right hand side, but shouldn't be difficult to find, there's a nice second hand shop. Last december I bought a perfect Canon 514XL for 18 euros. I already knew that little great camera (sshh!) since I have already one, one of my favourite, but I wanted another one as a backup, you never know...
In the shop there were other interesting cameras, and all looked quite well kept: I remember a Minolta Autopak-8 D6 (if I remember well the model) and an Agfa Microflex. I didn't buy also the Minolta since I already had a camera in my backpack (beyond the one I purchased), and my backpack was quite small... There were also some projectors, but nothing that really attracted me so much...
Good luck
Livio
nikonr10

Post by nikonr10 »

Static 8 wrote:Any members from Hamburg or Bremen areas?
Are there any shops selling super 8 related stuff? Movies, cameras, films... Fleamarkets of course.
I'm spending a week there in april and I'd like to come home with some new "treasures".

Danke!

(btw, thanks for the Berlin tips last year jpolzfuzz! Too bad that the Film dose shop was closed, I even tried to call there but no answer. And the Fujica ZC-1000 found from some photo shop didn't work)
Hello Static 8 ,
Do not know these shops ! but found then in the super 8 book by J Lossau , ok 10000 Topfe / wiesenhavern /foto wannack / Foto kohler /for Hamburg !
If you do a google search get more details ?,
I hope this helps , Or come to Amsterdam and go too Parallaxe that a gold mine , a really good guy know him years , has so much ,hard to find stuff ,
prices are ok ,

all best ,
Static 8

Post by Static 8 »

Thanks!
I'll check that Simon-von-Utrecht-Straße store for sure. Parallaxe looks great, I wish there were more shops like that.
beaunizo

Post by beaunizo »

Static 8 wrote:Thanks!
I'll check that Simon-von-Utrecht-Straße store for sure. Parallaxe looks great, I wish there were more shops like that.
Please mind Hamburg is a more than 5 hours drive from Amsterdam :)
The train isn't much faster.

The http://www.hamburgerdom.de is now on. Very nice, used to go there when I was stationed in Nord-Deutschland.
The weather is chilly right now. August Sommerdom should be better.

The Beatles museum at the easterly end of the Reeperbahn is worthwhile too :)
Lots of grainy photos to see.
Now selling in classifieds:
New-old-stock classic ciné projector bulbs
CIR Catozzo Splicers and tape S8
Beaulieu Nizo accessoiries/parts
Daylight 8/8 CINÉ processing tank Superior bulk film
Static 8

Post by Static 8 »

Thanks for the Hamburger dom tip. I'm planing to film some neon signs on Reeperbahn so the dom lights will fit in nicely.
Bier und bratwurst!