My new feature film in pre-production

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Scotness

My new feature film in pre-production

Post by Scotness »

Hi guys - just thought you'd like to know about this - I'm now in pre-production for another feature - it's a gritty/realistic look at a girl living on the streets in Brisbane - it'll be HD handheld, possibly even black and white - but just really gritty and raw - most of it will be one camera/single shot stuff - so will require really good acting. I'm trying to get to the heart of good moving film making with a simple technical approach (to match my resources level!!).

And I've got to say I tried I really tried to be able to budget it on 16mm or Super 8 and I just couldn't :-( Along with the audio complications too I just can't do it that way at the moment :-(

Not sure on when I'll be shooting it yet - hopefully in the next six months - it would even be possible to pull the whole thing off over one week in the Christmas holidays - anyway I've got a production diary here with a whole lot of info if you want to follow it's development.

It's called Honeysuckle Way and by the way by handheld I mean steadicam or stabiliser!! And this is in addition to the comedy sketches which are still going on.

Scot
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K
CHAS

Re: My new feature film in pre-production

Post by CHAS »

Scotness wrote:Hi guys - just thought you'd like to know about this - I'm now in pre-production for another feature -
Scot
my hat is off to anyone who tries to independently finance their own feature. Best of luck with your film!
Scotness

Post by Scotness »

Thanks but trust me it's designed around having no budget!!!!! :cry: :lol:

Scot
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

Scotness wrote:Thanks but trust me it's designed around having no budget!!!!! :cry: :lol:

Scot
I know that feeling!
Is it possible to get arts-related grants and such?