Bolex h8RX and DS8

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Jean Poirier

Bolex h8RX and DS8

Post by Jean Poirier »

I am waiting for a Pan Cinor 8-40 zoom lens for use with a Bolex H8rx. My camera is modified for double super 8 and I am wondering if the small c mount extension on the turret is a special modification. I don't recall seeing this on other H8 photos. The only lens that gave me good results was a Kern zoom for H16rx but I hope the new lens will give precise focus. Thanks. Jean
H8RX.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sciolist

Re: Bolex h8RX and DS8

Post by sciolist »

It appears to be a spacer that allows the use of C-mount lenses (ffd 17.52mm) on the H8 RX.
Jean Poirier

Post by Jean Poirier »

That would explain why the other two lens adapter on the turret are probably useless on my camera. Jean
sciolist

Post by sciolist »

The Berthiot 8-40mm lens ought to work in the unmodified ports in the turret (as should any other H8 RX lens). If the spacer proves inconvenient, replacing the turret is an easy fix.
bolextech

Post by bolextech »

Salut Jean,

The middle turret port is a permanent modification to increase the flange focal distance to allow H16RX lenses to focus properly on the H8RX-DS8. Your Pan-Cinor should work fine on the unmodified turret ports.

Cheers,
Jean-Louis
Jean-Louis Seguin
Motion Picture Camera Technician
Montreal, Canada
Jean Poirier

Post by Jean Poirier »

Thanks for these informations. Now I understand why the H16 results were quite good. Jean