Problem with Andec film lab

This is a forum about filmmaking. No tech discussions here!
Rachel Oliver

Problem with Andec film lab

Post by Rachel Oliver »

Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone on here who use Andec in Berlin to process and/or transfer super 8 have had any issues recently? I've been using them for years but unfortunately have had serious issues on my last job with them. I sent off 3 rolls of Kodak Vision 3 500T and have not heard a pip from them since I sent it in April. The only correspondence I've had was an email to say the order was received. I've sent several emails and even phoned twice. When I spoke to someone at Andec I was told the film was being sent out that week (that was 3 weeks ago). I've since sent 2 further emails asking for an answer as to where my film is. I have potentially lost clients over this and could even be sued!!
Has anyone got any wisdom on what I could do next or had anything similar with them?
Thanks in advance.

Rachel
Charlie Blackfield

Re: Problem with Andec film lab

Post by Charlie Blackfield »

Oh dear! Just put some more films in the post to them today - maybe I shouldn't have done it.

Having said this, the last time I used them was in early May for processing a couple of Standard 8 reels. Unlike on other occasions, I never received an order confirmation, but the films arrived okay about three or four weeks later (pretty normal processing time for Standard 8 ).

In the past, I found them sometimes slow (and not spotting my bank transfer payment until I reminded them that I had paid), but in my experience, they got better over the years.

Not sure what you can do other than keep hassling them. Best of luck (and wish me luck with my last lot that I just posted to them).

Charlie
Rachel Oliver

Post by Rachel Oliver »

Hi Charlie,

I hope all will be ok with your film. I'm sure it will. Incidentally I received an email from them today with the invoice saying the job was ready to be sent out! Funny, after I wrote my query on the forum....!
Still no explanation and no email apologising or anything but I'm glad to hear at all. I still won't quite relax until it's in my hands but I did breath a sigh of relief.
As I said, this has never happened before and I've always found them to be very efficient. I would have liked a response though but hey, I'm glad the job is on it's way !

Rachel :D
aj

Post by aj »

I doubt Andec reads this forum. The heigh days for this forum are over and there are no more then 5 readers per day on this side topic board.

Why don't you use Blue Ciné tech? They are reseller for Andec in the UK.

Don't expect Andec to be responsible for the transport. If things are really that important you better use secure transportation!
Kind regards,

André
Rachel Oliver

Post by Rachel Oliver »

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your comments. It's nit really the transportation which is the problem. That is always done in a very secure and insured way. My problem was that they ignored my emails and correspondence. This is highly unusual. Since then my film has arrived. Just much later and without a reason as to why is was so delayed.
Rachel
skyros

Post by skyros »

hello I have sento more than a month ago to Andec.. they say they sent back... but still haven't recived... Rachel, yours arrived?
Charlie Blackfield

Post by Charlie Blackfield »

Just for the record: my films of the Bristol Naked Bike Ride arrived back on the 19th. That's a turnaround time that I would have expected. Results look good.

Looks like Andec's communication isn't what it used to be, but they're still doing the work alright.

Charlie
skyros

Post by skyros »

charlie... 19 days after?
Rachel Oliver

Post by Rachel Oliver »

Just to let you know that it did come back, eventually! I have since sent some more film but I won't be getting any telecine done via Andec again just processing.

Thanks.
skyros

Post by skyros »

did you try the develop at super8.nl?
ps your films are great...
Super8Production

Post by Super8Production »

I have only used Andec twice before, and never got happy with them.

Now I will start working with pro8mm.com instead.
Very easy to get in contact with and they seem polite and wellknown.

:)
www.indiegogo.com/karins-saga