Archive Reel Storage...

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

johnnhud

Archive Reel Storage...

Post by johnnhud »

It's been years ago, but I bought 500 or so archival reels that stored 400ft of film each from SOMEone... Can't remember who. They were nice, smokey dark plastic that had a storage case and stacked flat one on another as well. Now I'm out and need some more but, who sells them?

Can anyone help my memory? Who do you use to purchase extra archival reels from?

-Johnnhud
BAC

Re: Archive Reel Storage...

Post by BAC »

johnnhud

Post by johnnhud »

I found it.

http://tuscancorp.com/8mm-film-reel.html

I recommend these reels... They are very nice.

-Johnnhud
aj

Post by aj »

johnnhud wrote:It's been years ago, but I bought 500 or so archival reels that stored 400ft of film each from SOMEone... Can't remember who. They were nice, smokey dark plastic that had a storage case and stacked flat one on another as well. Now I'm out and need some more but, who sells them?

-Johnnhud
You used up 500 pieces of 400ft reels ???

These Tuscan reels are indeed very nice. Unfortunately shipping to EU has gone up so much and importtax for US-goods is now so strictly applied (due to Apple and apparel at cheap dollar costing).
Kind regards,

André
David M. Leugers

Post by David M. Leugers »

I find the Tuscan 200 and 400ft reels to be the very best there is. I like the 600 ft reels but many do not because they do not have the slot so you can manually attach the film to the reel. Others have said Tuscan reels do not run true. My experience is that the Tuscan reels are the truest running plastic reels I have ever used. I use them for auto take-up reels with my projectors as the auto take-up feature works great. There are other excellent plastic reels out there such as Gepe and Bonum, but nothing is better that I have found. Just my two cents....