VELVIA 50 TEST, SUPER 8, ZENIT QUARZ 1x8, CANON 1014 XL-S

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

VELVIA 50 TEST, SUPER 8, ZENIT QUARZ 1x8, CANON 1014 XL-S

Post by S8 Booster »

Very limited first test of the Fuji Velvia 50 film in Super 8 format. My intention was to analyze the exposure, colour and image stability with different cams. The film clip is un-cut and not tidied up - there will be a refined version later.
The Zenith Quarz apparently has a iris contyrol problem, in case you wondered.

At the time of this post the film isnt ready uploaded so I can not provide a link until later but you will find it on my videos site at the Tube: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

Well, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVa-URa63T4 [update]

shoot, shoot... film
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
etimh

Re: VELVIA 50 TEST, SUPER 8, ZENIT QUARZ 1x8, CANON 1014 XL

Post by etimh »

Nice test--those are some beautiful images by the water. They look like some scenes in Antonioni's Red Desert.

The last Spectra Velvia I got back was some stock that I had shot but misplaced in a move, for about two years (!). It was processed paid so when I dropped it off I asked the guys at Spectra if they thought I'd get anything after it had sat exposed for so long. They thought yes, definitely. But the results were disappointing--bad fade and strange color shifting throughout. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to shoot any other color stock since.

Learned an expensive lesson, though--keep track of those carts and get them processed in a timely manner! :)

Tim
Jean Poirier

Re: VELVIA 50 TEST, SUPER 8, ZENIT QUARZ 1x8, CANON 1014 XL

Post by Jean Poirier »

Thanks for the test. It is a film I will try. Registration seems to be very good. Jean