When was the last time you shot real movie film?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

When was the last time you shot real movie film?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:09 am

Today
3%
Yesterday
8%
Last week
32%
Last month
21%
This year
18%
Last year
8%
Too long ago
11%

Total votes: 38

Charlie Blackfield

Re: When was the last time you shot real movie film?

Post by Charlie Blackfield »

RenFra wrote:Today (Sept 22) I have shot my first S8 film (Ektachrome 100D) since 1992 with my Leicina Super RT1. Camera was doing its job as if it never had been in a kind of hibernation. And now waiting for the results...
Welcome back to the fold! Hope the footage turns out well.

Charlie
BAC

Post by BAC »

I just finished off a 25' roll of Regular 8mm film on Saipan. There's a lot of beautiful tropical scenery and remnants of WWII to film on this island. I brought one of my Bolex P2 cameras and two rolls of film. I'll mail the film to Alpha Cine in Seattle for processing, it should be waiting for me when I get home. I still have a lot of time left here to shoot the other roll.
downix

Post by downix »

45 minutes ago, finished off a roll of TriX in my Super8 Chinon.
RenFra

Post by RenFra »

RenFra wrote:Today (Sept 22) I have shot my first S8 film (Ektachrome 100D) since 1992 with my Leicina Super RT1. Camera was doing its job as if it never had been in a kind of hibernation. And now waiting for the results...
Film has been developed and is of great quality, so I think I will resume my old hobby. I have read that the Leicina Special really is a great camera. If the Leicina Super RT1 already is, I think I will also look out for a Special.
Pj

Post by Pj »

I have just shot some 100D and have processed it in my customised rack in my Jobo ATL 1500, can't wait till it dries.

P
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

Shot a 100ft roll of DS8 at the Occupy Portland rally the other day. I must have heard "cool camera" at least 30 times, and a lot of questions by interested folks. Cant wait to see it!
Reborn member since Sept 2003
Henry

Post by Henry »

In April I shot 7 rolls of Velvia ( Wittner Chrome ) with a Nikon R-10 at the Greek island of Lesvos
and two weeks before I shot 6 rolls of Velvia at the island of Rhodos, 3 rolls with a Nikon R-8 and 3 rolls with an Eumig Nautica ( underwater ).
Henry
etimh

Post by etimh »

Tscan wrote:Shot a 100ft roll of DS8 at the Occupy Portland rally the other day. I must have heard "cool camera" at least 30 times, and a lot of questions by interested folks. Cant wait to see it!
Yeah, taking lots of photos or video at demos can raise some eyebrows and suspicions. I suppose shooting with a Super 8 camera is about the only cool way to capture the event without being suspected of ulterior motives.

Really interesting what is happening with the Occupy movemnet. I've been down with the LA group and plan to be there for the big action on October 15th. Everyone get out on the streets--don't let history pass you by.

"From New York to LA, make the wall street bankers pay." (I like that one :wink: )

Tim
Tscan

Post by Tscan »

etimh wrote:
Tscan wrote:Shot a 100ft roll of DS8 at the Occupy Portland rally the other day. I must have heard "cool camera" at least 30 times, and a lot of questions by interested folks. Cant wait to see it!
Yeah, taking lots of photos or video at demos can raise some eyebrows and suspicions. I suppose shooting with a Super 8 camera is about the only cool way to capture the event without being suspected of ulterior motives.

Really interesting what is happening with the Occupy movemnet. I've been down with the LA group and plan to be there for the big action on October 15th. Everyone get out on the streets--don't let history pass you by.

"From New York to LA, make the wall street bankers pay." (I like that one :wink: )

Tim
I hope you shoot some in LA, or anyone shoot the Occupy events on S8 if they have the resources. It's great for an iconic event like this to share the same feel of similar past iconic events. Two things i've always hoped to capture on S8 before it can disappear... Some kind of social political movement or revolution, and my future child's early childhood. Careful for what you wish for cause this year I have both at once.. and a fair amount of film to go with.
Reborn member since Sept 2003