Looking for a Canon Interval Timer E

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

jaxshooter

Looking for a Canon Interval Timer E

Post by jaxshooter »

I'm looking for a Canon Interval Timer E for a time lapse project with a Canon 814 AZ?Does anyone know where I can buy, rent or borrow one of these? I live near Toronto.
Marty Hamrick

Cinematographer

Windsor, Ontario
aj

Re: Looking for a Canon Interval Timer E

Post by aj »

Why must it be a Canon timer? They used the standard 2.5mm mini jack and should work with any Euro 2 timer.
Kind regards,

André
jaxshooter

Post by jaxshooter »

I don't care what kind of timer it is as long as it works. Do you know where I can find something suitable? Perhaps cheaper?
Marty Hamrick

Cinematographer

Windsor, Ontario
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Ah the elusive Canon interval timer E. A very rare gem indeed. It took me months to track one down for my Canon 1014E. I placed a 'wanted' ad in the local paper and got a phonecall from someone who had the item and was going to sell it to me for $25. Though I never heard from him again. Later though, I obtained one from someone who was a member of a film making club. I used this interval timer for a good number of years but recently, it mysteriously disappeared.

Yea, you could try some of the modern interval timers with the same plug. I bought one of the cheap Hong Kong models from eBay that was designed for use with Canon DSLR cameras. The timer works perfectly fine with my Canon EOS 35mm film SLR. However, it will not work with my Canon 1014E.
jaxshooter

Post by jaxshooter »

I was afraid of something like that, I seem to remember an old Super 8 Filmaker issue that had an article on how to make an intervalometer out of an old electric alarm clock. I don't remember what issue that was though.
Marty Hamrick

Cinematographer

Windsor, Ontario