reversal processing in Canada

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Jean Poirier

reversal processing in Canada

Post by Jean Poirier »

Hello. Do you know if there is a lab in Canada that process reversal E100D? Niagara Film seems to process only as negative. Thank you. Jean
aj

Re: reversal processing in Canada

Post by aj »

Maybe ask at http://lift.ca/ in Toronto?
Kind regards,

André
mr8mm

Post by mr8mm »

iF THEY STILL EXIST: Exclusive Film in Toronto.
Jean Poirier

Post by Jean Poirier »

Thanks for the help. Niagara Film wil only process as negative. BWF will process black and white. I guess I will have to process in the U.S. Jean
S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster »

..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...
mr8mm

Post by mr8mm »

Hmm, talk about circular thinking. Niagara web site says go to Exclusive for reversal processing and the Exclusive web site says the reversal processing has been given to Niagara Labs. What is a sane person to do?
Jean Poirier

Post by Jean Poirier »

I am hoping there is a sufficient market for keeping reversal processing alive somewhere in Canada. Jean
dbdaws

Post by dbdaws »

I would call or email Niagara Custom Lab. Although it says they are only doing NEG, the Exclusive site says they are taking it over.

I would think Niagara is in transition now from doing only Neg to now starting up Reversal, sometimes it takes a while to get the site updated, so the best bet would be to call. All of those labs know each other, so my best guess is that one isn't going to stop unless the other is going to take over...

Drop them a line.

D
Jean Poirier

Post by Jean Poirier »

Thank you for the suggestion. I will email. Jean
woods01

Post by woods01 »

Interesting, B&W Film Factory in T.O. used to offer E-6 processing in past years but a quick check of their website shows that is no longer the case...

Although Ektachrome is by far the largest selling Super 8 stock in Canada I'm not really too surprised that the labs are dropping like flys. I've been sending my Ektachrome to Dwaynes or Alphacine for years because the price difference was around $5-10 a roll and only getting better with the weak US dollar.
Jean Poirier

Post by Jean Poirier »

Niagara just sent me a message to confirm that they still process positive color reversal (super 8 and 16mm). This is great news. Jean
winbert

Post by winbert »

One lab of Film Rescue is in Saskatchewan (SK).

Her is the webpage:

http://www.filmrescue.com/contact-us.html

They can do any type of reversal films from the old ones. If they can do that I think they can do for newer stock.

BTW, how much Niagara ask for a cart?
Jean Poirier

Post by Jean Poirier »

winbert

Post by winbert »

I have just visited Niagara website. It charges $20 for processing a cartridge (or $16 for student).

Even the student price is still more expensive compared to Dwayne ($12) or even Dwayne via Wal-Mart ($8).

I live in Toronto, I wish Canadian lab can reach what the Americans pay for the same matter, especially nowadays C$ is stronger than US$.....:wink:
woods01

Post by woods01 »

They will also give you the student rate if you are a member of a film co-op. Also if you have a large amount of film for a project you might be able to negotiate a better rate.

NCL is very friendly to the amateur/artist market and the best thing about them is they don't charge extra for push/pull or cross processing so you can experiment with those techniques at a more cost friendly price. They are also amicable to processing old expired stock.

But with price of Toronto rent I doubt they could ever compete with the prices of Dwaynes in Kansas.