PTC 1. The next step.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Sparky

Re: PTC 1. The next step.

Post by Sparky »

Excellent- I can sleep easy now ;-)
Mark

- does that mean that the peers you see on the utorrent program are actually the people downloading from you (me)? I thought they were all the people in the torrent and the speeds listed were their real (total) download speeds?
sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan »

etimh wrote:
sooper8fan wrote:Ughhh. Is this the only way to do this?
Hey Seth, how are you? Missed you around here.

Tim
I won't hijack this thread so I'm sending you a PM :)

-seth
photo site: http://www.zelophoto.com
photo blog: http://www.zelophotoblog.com
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Very quiet on here today- hows everyone doing? Anyone completed yet? Looks like there are 8 downloading, which is great, and 2 peers(?)I can see I'm neck and neck with Christoph at 67% or so- it's quite addictive watching it actually- a race- hope I win ;-)

Mark
Uppsala BildTeknik

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

Sparky wrote:- does that mean that the peers you see on the utorrent program are actually the people downloading from you (me)?
You can see your total speeds per torrent or you can see you can see individual peer-speeds (the connection between this peer and you) if you click on a specific torrent.

All the speeds you see as UP-speed is what you are sending UP-stream, sharing to other people.
All the speeds you see as DOWN-speeds is you downloading from someone. Me, or someone else.
Sparky wrote:Anyone completed yet?
Not yet, someone has a bit over 70% though (I think). Not long before the first complete copy is out there.
rlorenz2

Post by rlorenz2 »

How can I get the link to the torrent?
My films

http://vimeo.com/user1869478
mik

Post by mik »

Hi there,

I've downloaded by now 3.09GB (56.2%) and uploaded 1.68GB. Everything is going smoothly :)

I've downloaded 100% of few files - they are supposed to be glued together ? (because as i see files doesn't represent the whole parts, they look more like fragments of a rar or zip file).

mik
michaljonca.com
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Hi rlorenz2 ,
at the moment this is only open to the people who took part in the project- they waited 4 years! But I'm sure it'll go public sometime very soon- thanks for your interest!
Mark
Last edited by Sparky on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Hi Mik, great stuff- I saw you on the torrent earlier doing well. Can you try and download more from Christoph though as he's right on my heels and I want to win ;-)
Mark
sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan »

I have given up on the download for now. I may try again later. Sparky, I'm sending you another quick email :)

-seth
photo site: http://www.zelophoto.com
photo blog: http://www.zelophotoblog.com
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

I've got a Windows / uTorrent client running behind a firewall at work, which is slow and could conceivably get me in trouble - but when I left work this evening it was at about 47% download of the SD version. I'm now home, on a Xubuntu Linux box running Firefox and a small client called "Transmission". I didn't do a thing to set it up, just downloaded the .torrent file and pressed "go". Right now I'm seeing a couple peers running uTorrent (probably one of them is my work computer across town), I appear to be downloading at 60 KB/sec, 210 MB so far of the 5.5 gig file). Upload actvity has begun to a uTorrent Mac machine. At work, I've seen peers from Germany, Poland, Britain, Italy and a couple USA. These Interweb thingies are pretty neat!
Last edited by audadvnc on Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Hughes
christoph

Post by christoph »

yeah, sparky and me are on 86% now, i guess he'll be first because i'm often downloading from him, but he not from me...
i should have the file 5 minutes after him though ;)

i'll leave the computer on overnight to help seeding till the first few people have 100%. then we can tackle the HD files :P

++ c.

ps: this thread should be called: "pass the transfer" now. hehe.
vidwerk

Post by vidwerk »

Had to wait for my internet billing cycle to turn over. But downloading now and seeding unlimited. Thanks for all your hard work guys.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Mik asked
I've downloaded 100% of few files - they are supposed to be glued together ? (because as i see files doesn't represent the whole parts, they look more like fragments of a rar or zip file).
and I'm not sure about it either- I have the full download now (not sure if I won- I was sleeping ;-) ) It is made up of lots of small .mov files which seem to play fine as individual movies in Quicktime, but is the idea to somehow stitch them back together in one big .mov file for playback Kent? Also, is this PAL version running at 25fps film speed or like we discussed, 50fps Kent? I played my bit back at half speed and it looks better, but the one following looked slo-mo.
Mark

PS It looks great and I can't wait till this evening to have time to look through it all :-)
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

I've tried playing back a few of those .mov files that are mostly completed - and am happily impressed. That old Kodachrome looks pretty good in these transfers. It's funny to watch a partially-downloaded file, which has random frames of crazy pink and green squares running across the screen, like an NCurses demonstration.
Robert Hughes
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

Will someone be able to put something up on Vimeo?

This is taking me forever and besides I don't really need the "original" files. Just a viewable copy.

Really appreciate what you have been doing here though. cudos.