PTC 1. The next step.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Uppsala BildTeknik

Re: PTC 1. The next step.

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

Two guys are currently downloading the SD files and one is downloading the HD files (from me). Perhaps they are spreading the files further, to other PTC participants? So the torrent is not completely dead.
Uppsala BildTeknik

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

There are lots of different Torrent softwares out there. I am using Utorrent, download it from this location: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads

Report to this thread about what software you are using, and if it is working or not. Perhaps it is a question about some softwares not liking my torrent files?
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Perhaps they are spreading the files further, to other PTC participants?
I think that's how it works- as you download from the main seed you start to seed others and the more you seed, the faster your download becomes. Something like that anyway- shared bandwidth.

Mark
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

I installed utorrent, started the download and after 20 minutes it's still at 0%....oy vey...
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

Yup it works. Thanks for the links and effort you guys have put in.
BTW is estimated downloadtime of 2 days "normal"? that's what I get.

Regards
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Chas have you got the "new" torrent files? The old ones didn't work at all.
Rollef, which file is that for? I was getting about 18hrs for the smaller file but it may speed up as more people get involved.
Mark
Rollef

Post by Rollef »

SD file
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

Sparky wrote:Chas have you got the "new" torrent files? The old ones didn't work at all.
Rollef, which file is that for? I was getting about 18hrs for the smaller file but it may speed up as more people get involved.
Mark
What Uppsala just sent me a couple of hours ago...I assume that is the "new"...it might be security settings on the server here at work. I'll try at home tonight as well.
mik

Post by mik »

Hi there,

I opened torrents about 8 hours ago but nothing happens - I have visible 1 peer, "downloading" status, but 0% traffic... I copied trackers from this topic, but only denis works, rest are "HTTP error 404" or refused.
I try to download SD now.

mik
michaljonca.com
livio

Post by livio »

Uppsala BildTeknik wrote:Report to this thread about what software you are using, and if it is working or not. Perhaps it is a question about some softwares not liking my torrent files?
Azeureus seems it's working fine as well
livio
christoph

Post by christoph »

well, did some digging for what it's worth..
the torrent seems to be registered with http://denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/announce

i'm using transmission on osx:

i get a connection with somebody in canada (toronto?) on rogers cable using Bittorrent as a client, and sometimes with somebody in the UK (london?) on be unlimited using utorrent.

the tracker lists 4 peers for the SD version and 6 for the HD versions, but my client doesn't see them.

so it seems that the torrent is working but in a suboptimal way.
++ c.
sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan »

Quick question.....is there not an NTSC version of the SD version? Only PAL? If so, what am I supposed to do with a PAL video? :)

As for the bit torrent download I'm using Transmission on Mac and it is chugging slooooowwwwww. I know pretty much nothing about bit torrent download but it appears as though it's downloading at an average of speed of about 2.8 KB/s.

When I added the DV-PAL file to Transmission I only selected 1 of the files to download and the file that I selected was about 30mb in size. It looks as if my download is trying to download 5.49GB.....anybody know why? Been downloading for about a half-hour and I have 0.02% completed.

Ughhh. Is this the only way to do this?

Oh cool.....now the download speed is at an average of 0.0 KB/s. Awesome. :)

-seth
photo site: http://www.zelophoto.com
photo blog: http://www.zelophotoblog.com
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I'm getting about 20k on each file on my office machine. Apparently UPnP has been disabled or something (do I sound like I know what I'm talking about ;-)) so I'm not contributing to the uploading part much, but our IT guru promised he'd look at that tomorrow. Maybe that's the problem for others? Do you have to do something to ensure you share your downloaded file with others?
Good that we've got so many trying though ;-) Perhaps it would be better to stop the big file download Kent, and concentrate on the small one first to free up the bandwidth? I think everyone really just wants to see the footage ASAP? (I think Christoph suggested that earlier :oops: )

Mark
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

livio wrote:
Uppsala BildTeknik wrote:Report to this thread about what software you are using, and if it is working or not. Perhaps it is a question about some softwares not liking my torrent files?
Azeureus seems it's working fine as well
livio
I just downloaded Azeureus and tried with this - no dice, still at 0.0% progress...
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Sooper, I'd have thought quicktime will play PAL just fine, but if you want to run on a DVD then you'll have to convert to NTSC using your mac editing sw or something. The files are at 50fps too so will run 2-3 tomes too fast without adding frames in your editor (changing playback speed)
Think that's it anyway.
Mark